Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

What Happens To Your Body Within An Hour Of Drinking A Coke -

Fabregas   

http://www.healthbolt.net/2006/12/08...coke-right-now

Nutrition Research Center Health Update » Blog Archive » What Happens To Your Body Within An Hour Of Drinking A Coke

Don’t drink cola if you want to be healthy. Consuming soft drinks is bad for so many reasons that science cannot even state all the consequences. But one thing we know for sure is that drinking Coke, as a representative of soft drinks, wreaks havoc on the human organism. What happens? Writer Wade Meredith has shown the quick progression of Coke’s assault.

The main problem is sugar. It’s an evil that the processed food industry and sugar growers don’t want people to know about. Even dietitians, financially supported by sugar growers and sugary product manufacturers, are loathe to tell us the truth.

When somebody drinks a Coke watch what happens…

In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

>60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

>60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.

>60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

So there you have it, an avalanche of destruction in a single can. Imagine drinking this day after day, week after week. Stick to water, real juice from fresh squeezed fruit, and tea without sweetener.

Primary Source: by Wade Meredith

Haneefah   

I admit, I am a Coke drinker...the only kind of soft drink I actually like.

Moderation is the key. Even pure water can cause toxicity in the body if it's overconsumed.

PS: This is irrelevant but what's this obsession with geeljire-nimo as of late? I think I've seen couple of other such nicks as well.

Chimera   

Coke - i drink it rarely maybe once a week, it's very nice though but i prefer water

it's funny when people challenge eachother to drink a can in one go lol from tears and red eyes to auto reverse from the nose is usually the result :D

Originally posted by Haneefah:

PS: This is irrelevant but what's this obsession with geeljire-nimo as of late? I think I've seen couple of other such nicks as well.

lool i don't know who's who anymore, except for geeljire, Abu Geeljire is either Red Sea or GJ_Goate

I was a big coke drinker for long time...It really got bad, where I would drink pop for a whole week(twice a day sometimes) and no water...I must have a tougher kidney than camel by now...When it started to be the first thing I thought about as I woke-up, I knew I had to make changes...Now its been 3 months, with only few days, since I have drank coke...Although water is great, it's just gets boring, so those little packett of crystal light come great in handy...I tried juice first, but those things like have 170 calories, almost the same as a 20 oz bottle of coke

One fact that is certain is whenever bebsiga or kookada aan cabo, within few seconds, daacsi ayaa iga imaado oo meel ay ka timid iyo ka socoto aan ogeyn. Probably waa aashitada, I guess. Many others do experience as well.

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

[QB] Wah, Abu_Geeljire, naga kala daa hee...Coffee, then Coke, what's next, Xalwo? :D;)

the guy is trying to infrom us ;)

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Wah, Abu_Geeljire, naga kala daa hee...Coffee, then Coke, what's next, Xalwo?
:D

Let me see.... Maybe something on the health benefits of Somali women jogging home in groups after the school run, as opposed to standing around and gossiping. :D

What about what happens to your body after eating Sabayad?

That was a joke.

ps. I'm not Red Sea, I don't how ppl got this idea. I'm the cyber: GJ GOATE also known as GJ Sheikshpear........ the other nomad is Geeljire...

Kool_Kat   

^Magacyada sanadka maanta ah sidii diracyada iyo macawisaha aa loo badashaa...Makujiroow ani mugoo...Hayeh, adi shimee badalee hee, MMA waakuugu baaray since 2001...I can help with a suitable nick if you'd like, just holla... :D

Abu_Geeljire, jogging? War standingka xataa dhibwaaye, we sit and gossip instead... icon_razz.gif

Som@li   

Inkastoo aanan cabinba Kooka koolaha, hadana sheekadi waa mid laga bad badiyey,

Ninkii jiray waxa u yiri

Kooka koolaha kii cabayoow,

kii kalaa xige eh!

Go figure.

Magacyada sanadka maanta ah sidii diracyada iyo macawisaha aa loo badashaa...Makujiroow ani mugoo...Hayeh, adi shimee badalee hee, MMA waakuugu baaray since 2001...I can help with a suitable nick if you'd like, just holla...

Ar runtaa waaye, Kuuleey. Aad uu iigu baaray hoosgundidaan, ee maxaa talo ah? Soo daa mid lagu qanci karo. XuuXaaX haddaan la baxo ka waran? :D

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Haddaa hal magac ku ekaan lahayd waxaan ma dhaceen nooh. Geeljire badanaa meesha, qaarkiin gaaljire, lo'jire, idojire, xataa doolijire inay la baxaan waaye marka u maleynaa.

LoL. I shall call you Dooli-jire from now onwards, siduu kuugu quruxsanyahay ayaaba kaaga daran :D

Haneefah   

Eeeew, I just pictured jiir la dilayo...I still believe the former suits you better icon_razz.gif . Waa laguu faayaa walalkiis, adu iska waran? Toronto nafsee kawaran?