Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

SOMALIS IN UK TELL THEIR STORIES

Rokko   

For those Londoner Nomads, I hope ya all gonna like this...I run into this news..so let us know if one our Nomadz happen to be on there...

Students are to record the history of Leicester's Somali community in a series of television programmes.

Pupils at Regent College believe Leicester's 10,000 Somalis have many stories to tell. Some came to the UK from Scandinavia, many more from the Netherlands and many came as refugees from civil war in their homeland.

For young Somalis, England may be the third country they have lived in. Somali students at the college have offered their experiences in making the programmes.

The programmes will be the first dedicated to the Somali experience in the UK.

The series, called Somali Vision TV, will feature 13, 30-minute episodes which will be shown in May on MATV.

The programmes will be shown on Saturday evenings and repeated on Sundays.

Source: Mercury News

Rokko   

Well, I'm not sure cuz me dont live there. but am sure our Nomad Londoners could answer that...

So, I guess I would suggest you keep flipping chanel..till u see Maryooley face..lol that's if u got Satelite..

Holla

Plse can anyone let me know how that goes. And Please let me know how I can obtain a copy of the show. I may campaing to screen it in our local TV.

Thnx.

Any Help will be much appreciated.

Cheers