Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

This has shocked me indeed: Acuudu Bilaah!

This is a news article from the BBC. A friend of mine sent me to see the filthy thinking of the American tactics to overcome the insurgents of Iraq. Please read it and let me know inaad shock noqotay sideydoo kale iyo inaad suuxday! Labadaas mid bey tahay koley.

US military pondered love not war

The unconventional proposals were made by the US Air Force

The US military investigated building a "gay bomb", which would make enemy soldiers "sexually irresistible" to each other, government papers say. Other weapons that never saw the light of day include one to make soldiers obvious by their bad breath.

The US defence department considered various non-lethal chemicals meant to disrupt enemy discipline and morale.

The 1994 plans were for a six-year project costing $7.5m, but they were never pursued.

The US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, sought Pentagon funding for research into what it called "harassing, annoying and 'bad guy'-identifying chemicals".

The plans were obtained under the US Freedom of Information by the Sunshine Project, a group which monitors research into chemical and biological weapons.

'Who? Me?'

The plan for a so-called "love bomb" envisaged an aphrodisiac chemical that would provoke widespread homosexual behaviour among troops, causing what the military called a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale.

Scientists also reportedly considered a "sting me/attack me" chemical weapon to attract swarms of enraged wasps or angry rats towards enemy troops.

A substance to make the skin unbearably sensitive to sunlight was also pondered.

Another idea was to develop a chemical causing "severe and lasting halitosis", so that enemy forces would be obvious even when they tried to blend in with civilians.

In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a "Who? Me?" bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks.

Indeed, a "Who? Me?" device had been under consideration since 1945, the government papers say.

However, researchers concluded that the premise for such a device was fatally flawed because "people in many areas of the world do not find faecal odour offensive, since they smell it on a regular basis".

Captain Dan McSweeney of the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate at the Pentagon said the defence department receives "literally hundreds" of project ideas, but that "none of the systems described in that [1994] proposal have been developed".

He told the BBC: "It's important to point out that only those proposals which are deemed appropriate, based on stringent human effects, legal, and international treaty reviews are considered fordevelopment or acquisition."

Click here to read the authenticity of the article if you are concerned of that

Diamante   

seriously this sounds like a "scrapped" episode of Charmed or Bewitched, where these chemicals would be potions instead.

It's just absurd... "building a "gay bomb", which would make enemy soldiers "sexually irresistible" to each other"....If i could roll my eyes any further, they would be doing a perfect 360 degrees rotation!

Alle-ubaahne...where did you get this article from?

Muhammad   

I was watching CNN yesterday and they were talking about this.

Those are all ideas given to the Defence Department - none of them were developed. they are just some crazy ideas given by some silly people.

It is not linked to Iraq - actually most the ideas are from the 1940s and 50s.

the reason this is in the news is actually even more funny. there was a rumor that Al-Qaeda was developing a 'Gay Bomb' to turn Americans into gays.

then the media found out that actually the U.S. goverment did consider building a 'gay bomb' in the 1940s.

Originally posted by Muad:

I was watching CNN yesterday and they were talking about this.

Those are all ideas given to the Defence Department - none of them were developed. they are just some crazy ideas given by some silly people.

It is not linked to Iraq - actually most the ideas are from the 1940s and 50s.

the reason this is in the news is actually even more funny. there was a rumor that Al-Qaeda was developing a 'Gay Bomb' to turn Americans into gays.

then the media found out that actually the U.S. goverment did consider building a 'gay bomb' in the 1940s.

Mucaad saaxiib,

This could be true, don't you ever object to it, because as you know these people had always the tendency to develop things that they never thought of the consequences. For instance, the Nuclear Bomb was made individuals of such thinking patterns who wanted to experiment some methods were they can create the unpredictable scenerio of major destructions unfolding, indeed, before their naked eyes! Think about saaxiib, the existance of certain unpredictable minds who are there for the sole purpose to contribute the world for things that we can't even concieve.

You never know brother, but history has presented enough precedents similar to that absurd proposition of Gay Bombs. The funny thing I laught at is that if this is anywhat true, then how come America is suffering from the lack of sexual desires. I don't know if you guys heard of this NYtimes frontpage headline news that says 'New Yorkers of Middle Class Families Experience Fading Desire for Sex', I don't know why they can't use such chemicals to revive the forgone sexual drives of their people!

War meeshaan balaayaa ka socota, aniga koley waan ku wareeray runtii. :D