Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Stratford's burning, fire or a bomb?

Ibtisam   

A huge blaze has broken out in east London close to where the main stadium for the London Olympics will be built.

The London Fire Brigade were called just after 1200 GMT on Monday to reports of a huge fire in Waterden Road, Stratford.

A plume of black smoke can be seen across the city.

Waterden Road runs through the site where the 2012 Olympics will be held.

Source: BBC

Paragon   

^^ You left London and the sun decided to come out :D .

Originally posted by Northerner:

_44233862_fire_one203.jpg

Its actually sunny in London :eek:

North, yes it is sunny. I know.

Paragon   

Large fire in East London causes jitters

grab385_233088a.jpg

Jenny Booth

A fire in a disused bus garage has been blamed for a large plume of smoke that hovered over central London today, raising fears of a fresh terror attack.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said that firefighters and police were in attendance at the blaze in Waterden Road to the east of the CIty of London.

Earlier reports suggested that there had been an explosion at the scene.

"It's a very large fire," said the spokesman. "There are no reports of any injuries, and no suspicion at this stage of any terrorist involvement."

Guten Tag, Serenity!

Saw a massive dark cloud on the horizon a bit earlier and was wondering what was burning. Any casualties?

Norf, sure London is sunny. Cold but sunny. A'H.

icon_razz.gif @North & Xubeer.

Anyways, the weather is slightly colder than London by 3C, however, because the sun is out and there is no wind feedhaha kaa galeysa, its much more pleasant. smile.gif

[edit]

Hi @ Val.

North, how am I to understand waxaad isku dhex walaaqeysid? I suppose you think one automatically comes to the knowledge of the language on landing here? icon_razz.gif

*Sigh*

It's alright for corporate types, flying here and there on assignment, going abroad, wkend breaks, blah. Whilst some of us poor public sector workers never leave the office. :mad:

Paragon   

^^ :D North, you know Somalida. This guy calls me up and says...'dhaqso, orod orod - dibadda ubaxoo eeg dhanka stratford'. Alarmingly I did, and I asked what it was that caused it. 'A bomb!' he said. I was hoping for the same alarm :D .

Serenity, tell me anything else but German weather pleasant? It was far from pleasant the last time I was there.

Their trams/transport is on time to the minute tho, and most of their taxis are mercedes :D . Beautiful bahnhofs too smile.gif .