Sign in to follow this  
Changed

WOMEN......lets talk women

Changed   

NOTE FOR ALL MEN: u idolize women then U R wlc and share WITH US WHO AND Y? if not :PLEASE STEP OUT icon_razz.gif

LADIES LETS share the INFO ON women we look upto..WHO THEY ARE AND Y?........MINE R LISTED BELOW.

i look up to my mom ofcource and i wish i had all the qualities she has but these are the women i like to be like in every step i take

Khadija..(cs): She was strong ..Great business women, great mother and the most respected women of her time.....

Aisha (cs): basically loved by her husband(prophet SCW), independent and educated , out spoken, and maintained her DIGNITY TILL THE END......PROPHETS FAV, stood up for her believes and not easily influenced by others ...

Hillary clinton........strong , influential,and hopefully will be the first female president,

and more....ama share it latter

now ladies share ur fav/idol women and why......

MEN THE SAME GOES FOR U ;) ......

REMEMBER THIS THREAD IS ABOUT WOMEN AND ONLY WOMEN......I DONT WANT TO HEAR NELSON MANDELA ,MARTIN LUTHER KING, THOSE WE CANT TALK ABOUT LaTER...I HOPE AM NOT BEING RUDE BUT I'D LIKE TO HONOR WOMEN ON THIS THREAD :D

LuCkY   

Mizz-Unique nice topic.

WeLL first woman i admire is my mom-because she has been through so much and has taught some unforgetabLe and vaLuabLe Lessons.

Khadija and Aisha i aLso admire-no need for expLanation here.

Hawo Tako-SomaLi warrior, very brave and such a strong woman.

HiLLary CLinton very outspoken.

One of my HS teachers-been through aLot and kept on going-taught severaL usefuL Lessons.

There some more...i wiLL have to think and come Later on.

Raxmah   

My mom--Mashaallah there is no one I can compare her with.

I also admire and inshallah strive to be like them is the 3 women of al-jannah.

Also those who had worked hard and those who are working to teach about Islam.

Blessed   

The number one person, I used to admire (and still do) my Habo (ilahay ha unaxriisto.

She was the sweetest person I have ever come across, but at the same time she had a strong character, people either loved her or never dared mess with her out of extreme respect.

My Mum, is really good natured, man sha Allah, people just love her.

Aisha, (ra)

Biggest Scholar of Islam. She sorts of kills all the myths people have about islam and she did so much.

and a great many other saxaabi women.. too many to list.

Modern women,

I'd say, Maya Angelou for her wisedom and energy (I am civil rights mad- so from that angle)

Huda Khattab- she is a muslim writer - always puts the feminists rights and I find that she presents islam in a lovable way, she doesn't preach but relates to sisters - which I think is good when dealing with islam- would love to meet her.

Edna Aden- She built a well needed hospital for Somalis as well as demonstrating that sisters can part-take in important roles within society.

Saado Ali- not only can she sing but she uses it effectively. I still can't get over the fact that she stood in front of Siyad barre and told him about himselve... Brave is an understatement :eek:

many more... me needs to bounce though.

Changed   

i really wanted this to be a learning experience for us and am actually getting to learn a few..

Huda Khattab........now that is name i have never heard ...........ameenah thanks ...ama look up on her....always love my islamic women......

lucky thanks sis...i love xawatako too...how could i forget her....that woman was gutsy and giving ...she gave her life for somalia ..allah u naxaristo.....

cleopatra everything about her amazes me ....independent and a great leader. she dared not follow

aisha lemu......writer, and a convert to islam. wrote great books. Love HER WORK

LuCkY   

Youre WeLcome Mizz-Unique

I forgot aLL about Cleopatra.

Is this onLy for reaL women or myths as weLL?

many famous writers, scientists painters made it with their wifes assistance and had wives who were equally ingenious but overshadowed by their husbands.

1)I forge her name, ill do a google search later, but if you are a lover of literature you should know that T.S elliot's wife helped him in many of his works and even was the author of some of "his" earlier short stories. when they were going through a divorce she threatened to expose him and he sent her to an insane asylum. (women had very few rights back than, the courts were keen on believing a mans word over a womans)

2) lee krasner painter of the abstract expressionist form who was overshadowed by her husband, Jackson Pollock.

.... theres more, ill do a google, but youll be surpried at how many women havent got the credit they deserved in arts and science. my mind is getting lazy.

oh, ill also add arhundati roy, she is an activist and author of one of my favorite books,

"the god of small things", if you havent read it, please do. i think she won a nobel peace prize.

Qac Qaac   

hey can i take part of this, coz i am a man, but i admire one woman, and i wish all the muslim women now adays could be like her.

NUSAIBAH BINT KAAB. the worrier, at Uxud, she was protecting the prophet scw until he said, i looked my left and i see her, then right and then i see her, what a honor.

and definately i would name my daughter Nusaibah. 4 sure.

Originally posted by somealien:

oh, ill also add arhundati roy, she is an activist and author of one of my favorite books,

"the god of small things", if you havent read it, please do. i think she won a nobel peace prize.

:D I dont think you win the Noble Peace Prize for books :D . She won the 'Booker Prize' and she writes about civil societies and how they are effected by govts.

------------------

wigglfinger.gifwigglfinger.gifwigglfinger.gif

------------------

Macsalaama! :D

Asalaama Alaykum W.W

Maasha Allaah What a nice Topic. Thnk U Mizz-U smile.gif

.. The best of women of Paradise are: Khadija Bint Khowailid, Fatima Bint Muhammad,

Asia Bint Muzahim (Pharaoh's wife) and Maryam Bint Imran.".

• Khadija Bint Khuweylitfirst wife of prophet Muhammad "PPUH", was fifteen years his senior, but considered a "model marriage relationship" and she was the first convert to Islam. She supported him when he came back from meditation on the hillside saying that he was a prophet of Allah. For twenty-five years Prophet~Muhammad was married to her alone. She died at the age of 65. They worked together as a team to spread Islam and Prophet~Muhammad was very loyal to Khadija, even after her death.

Aisha bint Abu Bakr (613-678) was the daughter of Abu Bakr, and the third of Prophet~Muhammad's wives. She had a tremendous impact upon the development of Islam.

Fatima.

~Mariama Bint Imran: She Said: "Verily I seek refuge with the Most Gracious (Allah) from you if you do fear Allah." Every time Zakariyya entered the Mihrab to (visit) her, he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Maryam! from where have you got this?" She said "This is from Allah." Verily, Allah provides to whom He wills, without limit.

[surah 3:37]

~Asia Bint Muzahim: "Oh Allah, grant me a house in heaven", she used to say The faithful woman martyred for the sake of her Creator, and in that, she became a great example of the believers' bravery.

~

~Nusseyba bint Ka'b known as Ommou 'Imara, A woman warrior who protected the Prophet Muhammad in a battle. At the beginning of the battle, she was bringing water and tending the wounded, as the other women were doing. But as the battle began going badly for the Muslims, "Nasibah went forward, with her sword unsheathed and her bow in her hand, to join the small group who were standing firm with the Prophet (pbuh), acting as a human shield to protect him from the arrows of the mushrikin. Every time danger approached the Prophet (pbuh) she hastened to protect him. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) noticed this, and later said, "Wherever I turned, to the left or the right, I saw her fighting for me."

~Zainab Al-Ghazali: is a woman of another kind. Like Aisha Abd al-Rahman, she is Egyptian and defends the rights of Muslim women in accordance with what she perceives to be the correct Islamic doctrine, and like her she is the daughter of an Azhar-educated father. But she has been an organizer of women and an Islamic activist, rather than an Islamic scholar. Early in her youth, she was an active member of the Egyptian Feminist Union, founded by Huda al-Sha`rawi in 1923. She resigned her membership in disagreement with the ideas and ideals of the women's liberation movement and, at the age of eighteen in 1936, she founded the Muslim Women's Association in order to organize women's activities according to Islamic norms and for Islamic purposes.

~Huda Khattab Moussa (Muhammad): of Round Rock, Texas she was the doughter of Imam A. M. Khattab imam emeritus of the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo, passed away on September 15, 2001 in Windsor, Ontario after a brief illness. He was 69.

Author: of Islam

Children's Books Title: Stories from the Muslim World

And Much More...

Saalixa   

mizz unique these are the women warriors i look up to:

1. My mother as i believe she was a very strong and loving person. She has raised by herself me and my bros-sisters without a father after our daddy died :(

2.All the women that lived in the prophets time esp AISHA.

3.Edna Aden courageous and has done alot for somali's in Hargeysa esp protecting women's rights.

and many more pious and religious women who have taught me how to grow up to be a strong, respected and practicing muslim.

Originally posted by Athena:

quote:Originally posted by somealien:

:D

I dont think you win the Noble
Peace
Prize for books
:D
. She won the 'Booker Prize' and she writes about civil societies and how they are effected by govts.
oh thanks, i knew she won some type of prestigeous award but, if you cant win a nobel peace prize for literature, than what did albert camus win for? kay wait, i think im gonna do some research before i humiliate myself any further.

Blessed   

Originally posted by MIZZ-UNIQUE:

Huda Khattab........now that is name i have never heard ...........ameenah thanks ...ama look up on her....

Yeah, she is a British Muslim convert too, she writes mainly for children. But her book, The Muslim Womens Handbook, is just awsome. Everything a muslim lady needs to know about her deen and life in general.

Whilst, we are on Muslim Women writers, check out Michelle Al Nasar's writing in the Jumuah Magazine, for a young sister, she is blessed with so much wisedome and knowledge- another one you ca relate to.

oooh, before I go, There is this really cool book called Islam : Empowering Women By Aisha Belwey (I think thats how you spell it). It discusses the role of muslim women in society and discusses the shift from a society where women were held in high esteem to the state we are in today (2 depressing 4 me to even write on).

In the (best) and main part of the book she lists and gives brief accounts of political, scholarly and spiritual women of Islam (there are so many :eek: :eek: )

Nice topic btw... smile.gif

Sorry for intruding but I would like to really share with you women who I appreciate. I appreciate the three al-jannah women, my mother, my grandmothers and my future wife to be!.