Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Would you do your job for free?

Faheema.   

What would you do if your employer asked you to work for free in order to save your job? Would you bite the bullet or would you bounce and take your chances elsewhere?

Remember it's not looking good out there smile.gif

Malika   

Work for free in order to save a job? I am confused,why do we go to work,if not to get paid for doing it?

Juxa   

i heard about taking pay cut lakin for freee.

faheema no, he is up to something.

cynical dont dare your boss, employment tribunals got stricker over last 3 years

Faheema.   

lol let's put things in to context ladies. This wouldn't be just for the sake of working for free. It is based on the financial difficulties your employer is facing and in order to get themselves out of that hole they need to cut resources. Therefore, short term fixes are put in place as part of the bigger picture.

Malika   

Faheema,

I understand that,and if one was living only on air,one can consider that option of 'helping out'.

But whilst helping the boss and co.,what is to be of the employee? I mean,you would need to pay bills so mahaa?

Whats on offer,whilst working free?

chubacka   

I heard British Airways asking their staff to do this a while ago.

I would do it for an agreed limited time I think (I would probably job hunt also) but no longer than a month, anymore would be asking too much.

Juxa- irregardless my dear. Fair enough I wouldn’t dare him, but I will say NO and start keeping a detail notes whilst waiting for him to sack me.

Faheema that doesn’t justify working for free. Why would anyone consider it is beyond me.

Malika-hehehe

N.O.R.F   

^The job market isn't very encouraging so if you're a choice of working for free for one month or two or the caydh queue at the job centre which one would it be?

It will depend on the details of course.

Juxa   

cynical whilst you take the notes dont forget there are alot of time limitation within employment law, depending on whether it is constructive, unfair or discrimination.

faheema, if it is a month or two with reduced salary, then it is worth considering. as torres said the job centreka appealing maaha.