Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Islam blasted by gay Muslim peer

Blessed   

CG,

“The problem lies in the Quran itselfâ€,

^^ is not about interpretations but supposed contradictions in Quraan. The issue is hence about the verses of the Quraan. So, since the believers are content with them...there is nothing to be discussed. This brother is not looking for answers, he has them and wants radical changes.

A persons attitude determines the manner of discourse. If we really are concerned about the sharia and how it's put to practice then I think Tariq Ramadan employed a better approach. I don't entirely agree with him, but he doesn't bash the Quraan to get his message across.

Originally posted by The Rendezvous...:

First a gay can never be a muslim coz he is already committing unlawful things in life while knowing it is against ISLAM.

Is that true though? If the practice of unlawful/sinful acts annuls your Islamic profession, wouldn't it hold for other muslims who commit equally sinful acts. Like premarital sex? I don't see why not.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

quote:Originally posted by The Rendezvous...:

First a gay can never be a muslim coz he is already committing unlawful things in life while knowing it is against ISLAM.

Is that true though? If the practice of unlawful/sinful acts annuls your Islamic profession, wouldn't it hold for other muslims who commit equally sinful acts. Like premarital sex? I don't see why not.
In a sense you are right. But those who commit pre-marital sex are accumulating a single dambi as opposed to those commiting homosexual sex. Dambiga wuu kala weynyahay and, even though both are dambi, labadu la isma bar-bar dhigi karo.