Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Heart beat

N.O.R.F   

I recently checked my heart rate when resting just out of curiosity. The last time I checked, it was 46 beats per minute during my school years. I placed my index and middle fingers to the under side of my wrist and counted the number of beats for a full minute. Not to my surprise my heart rate has increased by a huge one additional beat! So in the space of x years my heart rate has only gone up by one. I’m quite chuffed :cool:

I did a little research,,,,,,,,,,

Heart rate variability (HRV) is the variation of beat-to-beat intervals. A healthy heart has a large HRV, while decreased or absent variability may indicate cardiac disease. HRV also decreases with exercise-induced tachycardia. HRV has been the focus of increased research to use it as a physiological marker to classify different pathological disorders.

One aspect of heart rate variability can be used as a measurement of fitness, specifically the speed at which one's heart rate drops upon termination of vigorous exercise. The speed at which a person's heart rate returns to resting is considerably faster for a fit person than an unfit person. A drop of 20 beats in a minute is typical for a healthy person. A drop of less than 12 beats per minute after maximal exercise has been correlated with a significant increase in mortality [1].

Coupled with a high metabolism rate i stay naturally fit alxamdullilah :cool:

How do our nomadic people measure up? Do we have similar heart rates for men and women? Are we naturally a fit and able people?

Lets have a go at some hear rate stats - SOL style.

ps be honest :D

N.O.R.F   

dee caano kucab!

Seriously speaking alot of oil/subag (especially back home) is not good for the body. The endless tea breaks with a tonne of sugar is also a no no!

Ibtisam   

^^Man thats what the size 0's eat, what is this diet after your run! But then i'm sure Arab lasagne is extra FAT , and unhealthy, so you might as well have skipped the salad :D

Urban   

Mine's 54 northy.. :confused: at times it was slow and steady, and for a couple of seconds it was beating like an african drummer

i've checked it twice and got the same result..

:(