Sign in to follow this  
Paltalk

Why do We Agree to Disagree?

Paltalk   

One of the obviouse things about our culture is we always agree to disagree. I have noticed that when ever somali's came together in a meetings, conferences, discussion. they always fail to solve their differences. It is highly unlikely somali's to come together and solve their difference and produce a solution.

for example when i gaze the political scene in somalia and our political learders. Everytime they attempt to produce results it is always abrotive. But not only our political leaders, we it seems we all share these things, we always agree to disagree...

This questiom remains still unsolved...untill answered!!!!

Haashim   

Because our reality is that we hate each other (even though most cases the reason is emotional rather than the reality) and when we meet we smile to each other ;) and we act as we don't hate each other redface.gif , at least most of us.

therefore, instead of this hypocrisy, and double standard i think it's good for us as well as the next generation to discuss the real issues such as why we hate each other? and how this could be solved? is it negotionable issue or not enz. otherwise I JIID AAN KU JIIDEE WAA JEENYO DAALIS.

Haashim   

og girl, you got my point the problem is we don't know how to manage the disagreement on certain issues, if i disagree with you, as a somali or arabs as general, that means i hate you, because we're different ..... and that's the problem as you mentioned.

So who would tell our people that the UNITY doesn't mean that we agree 100% on every single issue.

Coloow   

Palltalk

"One of the obviouse things about our culture is we always agree to disagree"

Is this really the case? I agree with OG that we disagree to disagree!

Paltalk   

Some of you said we agree to disagree,because we hate each other, well " Hate" of course plays a role with this issue, but we cannot determine why we hate each other.It is something still we cannot describe in words, of why we hate each other remains to be unsolved issue.

But i have now realized that, we never accept our responsibilities, we always like to blame others, and moreover, we hate to be patient if we encounter negative perception.

From the sociological perspective, it seems we always fail to look the issue we disagree on all sides. and that is the main problem, that is where the conflict occures.

Changed   

i doubt it .......i think somalis dont agree to disagree............while other people would agree to disagree.......but they cant be thought a lesson about it because that is a lesson one learns in life......and hopely they will learn....disagreing is a healthy thing to do.....but its not as healthy when it comes to the way somalis use because there would be no agreement......some time people dont agree to disagree and that is OK.........i think

MD   

Agree with u clown..We are somalis and that's what they are known for ..

No one agrees with No one...The cow man doesn't understand the dooro man....thats just how it is

Paltalk   

If we are somali's that does not mean we should agree to disagree. it remains to be mystery why we act the way we act. One of the things that I have noticed is that when ever we are engaged in some kind of discussion, we get impatient to hear from each other.

Moreover, In any kind of discussion, each of us one to have say. and each of us want others to agree with him/her.and finally we fail to solve our difference.

The interesting about this, is that we also never get tired of it, I also have noticed that when ever we hear what we dont' like, instead of commenting about our perception we actually critisize the person. I wonder when we will ever understand each other..