Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

This is it!

Miriam1   

^ Man finally someone mentioned maids! they are the absolute best. Had one growing up. Plan on having Two when I become a Bill Paying Adult.

Som@li   

Interesting read, it happens all the time when both of them work, and housework is left for the women.

There are may reasons why somali men tend not to help with the housework, one being that some ladies overuse men who go into that circle, there was this time i visit a family and the wife ordered the husbadn to change tha daiper for the baby,whle she was just sitting there... it was the most crual thing i hav ever seen. One more thing is that men who share and help the housework have earned NAMES among their somali friends, and are looked down.Ma kasaa,war Mid baa xoog ku haysata?? :D

Anyway i reckon Livng in the west is difficult, in the gulf and somalia, it is very common to have housemaid. One of the reasons many marriages break, is that,women are exhausted,she is workig or not ,and doesn't have any one to help in the house, why not give her a hand.

Blessed   

Baashe, dear thanks for the clarification.

Irrespective of who campaigns for it, I think it's something that benefits some women. Esp., those who are too weak to put their men in line or lack the sense to choose a helpful mate in the first place. When I first read this, I thought of a lady from that region, who has two disabled children to raise, suffers from kidney failure – and a husband who does nada. I always thought he should be put in jail, put down…

Anyway, I don’t like to speculate on cultures I don’t know too much about.. but it must be an issue in Spain if it’s approved by the MPs there.

P.s

I do like the Marwo label…Garcia

Originally posted by 7 of Nine:

I abhor any law that interferes with family structure and function.

Including the Sharia? Which is both flexible and very clear about household chores. I don't have time to go into the details, but am sure if interested you can get it yourself. smile.gif

In my opinion certain legislations pose to challenge unquestioned views about certain matters.

^ Legally and according to the shariah, a woman is only required to stay at the house of her husband. She is not required by law to cook, clean or do any chores! So in this respect and concerning the topic of discussion…there is nothing really to interfere or intervene in by LAW. The Quran and Sunnah of the prophet provide moral guidelines on how to run a home that is a model of peace, love and harmony - They not laws!

Well, it shouldnt Be hard to Brng a gadget that will Make Her Pay for Stuff when its Her Turn[Men are tired of Paying for her Drycleaning]

Gender Equity must be achieved on both ends,NO? :D

NGONGE   

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

computer_frustration.gif

Can't we play this on a case by case basis?

I do not wash dishes and would not wash dishes. I refuse to discuss the rational, theories and laws connected with washing dishes.