Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

MUSIC: WHY CANT WE?

LuCkY   

SALAAM TO ALL THE NOMADS OUT THERE smile.gif

I Just Wanted To Know Why Cant We Listen To Music?

Before You All Jump On ME-I Know We Are NOt SuppOse To BecauSe Its Against OUr Religion. But Nobody Has Actually Given Me A Specific Reason. I Have Even Asked My DugSi Teachers And They Havent Been Able TO Give Me A Reason Except "Its Against The Religion". I Wanna Know The MOtive Being! So, Is It Because ITs THe Devils Music OR What? icon_razz.gif J/K

ITs Just THat I Would Really Like To KNow-Other Than The Obvious Answer Everyone Seems To GIve Me. I Want To Be Able TO Answer When A NonMuslim Asks Me Questions Like That So That I Dont Come Off As Being Uneducated(Islamic Wise. And I Dont Wanna GO TO The MasjId And ASk Because...

ADMIN:Please Dont MOve This Topic!

Your Feedback Is Very Much Appreciated :D

FYI: IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY, PLEASE DONT BOTHER LEAVING IRRELEVANT/ASININE REMARKS! :cool:

Lucky,

whatever you listen to don't listen to HIP HOP/RAP

as it is too explicit and vulgar.

P.S there is HADITH wich says " music will make your healthy minds thick" so i guess that's all i can say now to you my Sister.

i hope i din't say anything negative.lol

LuCkY   

Thanks SHaka! I appreciate u taking the time to respond and no you havent said anything negative.

" music will make your healthy minds thick" cOUld You Maybe Elaborate on this a little? :confused:

LuCkY   

Jam I didnt know you were watching my maturity level or whatever.

But if you do re-read what i have posted you will see that i KNOW that listening to music is danbi. And Maybe if you try to re-read it and fully understand my question you would not have replied with what you did.

FYI: EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION!

I HAD A QUESTION AND I PUT IT OUT THERE, TAKE IT OR LEAVE ITS YOUR CHOICE. AND THERE IS A PERFECTLY GOOD REASON AS TO WHY I CAME WITH THIS QUESTION...I WILL LEAVE THAT FOR YOU TO FIGURE OUT.

Originally posted by Lucky:

SALAAM TO ALL THE NOMADS OUT THERE
smile.gif

I Just Wanted To Know Why Cant We Listen To Music?

Lucky

think before u post

wut're u expecting me 2 say

music is dambi that's all wut i've to say

A7LA-SHU   

To answer your question. I don't have any proof or evidence to support my answer, but its logical.

For one thing, the more you listen to music the more you become attached to the world. YOu become so rovolved around the passion that you have for music and your favorrite singer/group that you forget God.

Secondly its a waste of time. Instead of spending h hrs listenin to music, that time could be used for learnin useful stuff(quran, education, etc.)

For that reason, Muslims should not listen to music. Every second that we wastte is recorded and we will be questioned in the day of judgement. so rather chanting some songs, why not recite the Quran and recieve good deeds?

HOpe this helps. ;)

LuCkY   

THANK MAGNOONA-GIRL.

ORIGINALLLY POSTED BY MAGNOONA-GIRL:

For one thing, the more you listen to music the more you become attached to the world. YOu become so rovolved around the passion that you have for music and your favorrite singer/group that you forget God.

I DIDNT THINK THAT IT WOULD GO THAT FAR BUT UNDERSTOOD.

I KNOW THAT TIME IS WELL SPENT WHEN YOU READ THE QU'RAN AND LEARN ABOUT OUR DIIN.

Originally posted by Lucky:

MINDSTATE I'D ADVISE YOU TO APPLY THAT SAME STATEMENT TO YOURSELF.

hahah Lucky or wut ever u call your self

i'll take your ADVICE becouse i ain't naive

Laakin adiga qiil aa raadineesan dambi ma aha in lagu dhaho maa sugeesay

Xafsa   

"Music is dambi" Thats a given...what the sister wants to know is why?

I suggest that people actually read the topic before replying!!!

OG-gilr hurry back!!

I ask this question at least once a year and everytime I forget!! :rolleyes:

Why do you guys say "music is danbi and that's a given"....where is the proof to that? Where did you hear from it...i.e. parents, dugsi, school, quran, hadith, etc

Documentation pls..

PS: I heard so many controversies to this topic!

^^^ I agree with Oppionated, there are many different controversies to this, and everyone seems to have a different opinion. And everyone seems to be convinced that their opinion is the RIGHT one :rolleyes: .

Quote from Mangoona-girl:
YOu become so rovolved around the passion that you have for music and your favorrite singer/group that you forget God.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I love music, it's certainly a passion for me, but I can honestly say I would never ever forget my God for something as earthly as music. If someone is of a certain mindstate that makes them so susceptible to outside influences, and so weak that they cannot listen to music and still have Allah in their heart, then that has nothing to do with music (as an example of a certain outside influence). This has to do with that person's weak character. This, I find, is a mistake many people make, to assume that most people are too easily influenced.

So yeah, music does have a place in my heart, but Allah owns the whole of my heart.

whhhhhoaaaaaaaaaaaaaah buaaaaaaaaaah

jan masta jay is dis how u attract da gals

ya are really weak dawg

be who ya are na'mean

i kno' u go 2 "MONTE CARLO " nite club