Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

welcome to the wedding of son of Dhabaaye And Daughter of Qooqane

It is true I just got off the phone with the groom and he told me about it.I thought he was taking the piss till i spoke to his brother and uncle and they confirmed it.This weekened is going to be very interesting :D:D

Baluug   

Originally pos.ted by ORGILAQE:

I thought he was taking the piss

Just what the hell does that mean?

Foxy   

Qoute

TAKING THE MICKEY OUT OF ME [big Grin]

is still an english slang.....

You might wanna simplify this more for our Yankee somalis.....as in

Thought He/she was pulling my leg kinda of thing....they were pulling a joke on me

cheers

Well as I expected this wedding turned out to be the funniest wedding ever.I walked into the hall where the "Meher" was taking place and the first thing i saw were two men talking.One was asking the other who's wedding it was"as if he didnt know" only to laugh out loud when told.This was to be the main dish of the day.The sheikh conducting the Meher starting doing his bit and the representatives from the two sides were asked to come over.They were then asked to indetify themselves.Each said he was an uncle to one of the two getting married.They were then asked to say their names and the bride's uncle said"magacayga waa basbaas qooqane The whole place burst out in laughter.It took a few minutes before order was imposed.He then asked the groom's uncle to say his name and who he represents as custom dictates and he said "magacayga waa baasin dhabaaye well you can imagine how hard the people laughed at this.The sheikh asked in between laughters for the people to keep quite and then asked the two parties to announce their real Real names not nicknames and they both went that's my real name that gave us a few minutes of laughter.The groom was then asked over to start the actually ceremony.The sheikh goes Aniga oo ah abdisalaan dhabaaye waxaan kaa gudoomey in aan kuqabo sadex dalaaqadood sahra qooqane

At this point even the groom was holding back his laughter.His uncle and the bride's uncle were all furious " understandably" and the sheikh was going he he he he Qabaltu he he he he After what seems to be a century of laughter the man was finally pronounced Married.He was sweating like a hippo. Watch this space for the report on the evening DO and

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK,,,,,, That was funny man ,,, i fall down from my chair ,,,

DHABAAYE + QOOQANE = ISKAMA KACAAN :D:D:D:D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Baluug   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

Typical Yanks!!.Let me try and make a bit easier on you my boy I THOUGHT HE WAS TAKING THE MICKEY OUT OF ME
:D

Taking the piss,taking the mickey....Man,your guyses brit slang just goes from bad to worse eh?And I ain't no yank,I'm a canuck eh!!!

Sky   

Taking the piss? Taking the mickey out of me? Yikes?

Lol :D:D You British are keeping it real.