Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Are you consistent?

Haddad   

I believe being consistent is important. Consistency is an important factor in work, education, marriage and every aspect of life. Being consistent is about paying attention with care and positive attitude. It's a habit one can develop. Its opposite is carelessness, which is a risky factor. Carelessness coupled wit laziness can lead to a life of devoid, boredom & self-destruction. I strive to be consistent, and try to be so to the best of my efforts. :cool:

Foxy   

Consistency? what is consistency?.....never heard of that word so I guess it deosnt apply to me.....

Being Spontaneous is the way to go in life....

Spontaneity =curiosity + unpredictability + excitement :cool: :cool: :cool: :D:D

cheers

Viking   

In life, people have different roles. One person (male in this case) can be many things at the same time; a father, a son, a husband, a brother, an uncle, a nephew, a friend etc. All these are roles will determine how you act in a particular setting. Towards friends you are friendly and relaxed, towards your children you are as a parent is, towards your parents you are a son etc. You subconsciously act differently depending on the particular setting and role you are playing at a particular time.

These roles can clash at times, i.e. if you are sitting in the same room with your son/daughter (who you may be yelling at intermittently telling him/her not to do this or that), your mother (who is still playing her role as a mother and telling you what to do) and your wife (whom you adress with affectionate words but you are forced to become formal with her due to the presence of your mother). A setting like this brings together some of the different roles you play in your life (in one room) and may bring about a bit of confusion.

You can be consistent when it comes to certain attributes (honesty, kindness, respect etc) but the different roles you play in life demands that you act differently.

How well do those you are close to know you? Do you show the same basic personality in all relationships?

Hello Brainiac.

I will try to be as honest as much as not appearing to give away my personality. I have been termed as consistent, reliable and steady. I tend to deal with the person for who he/she is, I rarely let outsiders interfere with my thinking, actions [inactions] and interactions towards people. Even when being nasty, negative or just being brutally honest, I tend to be consistent.

You asked “Do you show the same basic personality in all relationships?â€

In Africa,they say; A LEOPARD NEVER CHANGES ITS SPOTS’

I believe everyone has one personality, unless the person is a schizophrenic and has many personalities.

I personally believe it’s very difficult for one to show different “personalities†[Other than the true one], for too long. Sooner or later, the true colors of the person will show up. Most often than not, you can easily pick a persona’s true personality given the chance to observe. Gullible people often over look this.

Regardless of the “frontingâ€, acting and sympathy one might bring forth, whoever you are will always be who you are.

A nice person will always be a nice person. A bad tempered person will always be bad tempered. A rumor monger will always spread rumors.

It comes down to the kind of family raised in and most importantly to the strength of imaan.

Viking, nice put ïŠ