Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

Awguuriyo

Urban   

Mabruuk.. May Allah make it a blessing for you and a blessing to you, and bring you together with all that is good..

Originally posted by -Lily-:

LOL, last I checked 'awguriyo' it still meant congratulations, and it isn’t even Somali because I heard some Italian guy use it in a movie, to my shock and dismay.

I think it was back in 2001, while watching on telafashinka that great Talyaani movie, Life is Beautiful. Then on some brief scene, the main actor utters 'awguuriyo, awguuriyo ...' to congratulate someone.

Kud ayaan isku dhahay. I thought I misheard it. Up to that, I used to think awguuriyo was an authentic Soomaali word. It even seems to me still since it consists 'aw' and 'guur' -- both Soomaali words and waa la isku dhajin karaa to make a new appropriate word.

Muniiro, boggaadin iyo hambalyo. Bashbash iyo barwaaqo iyo barbaar, too. Guurkaaga mid liibaano Eebbe haka dhigo -- aamiin.

Nephissa   

^L0L. So many others think "alla seey" is af-Somali too.

Munira awguuriyo abbaayo, second marriages are under a lot more pressure, specially if there are kids from the previous relationships involved. Hard enough making it work with two people in it... add all the ex's the kids, the inlaws as well and it takes a really strong stomach to make it. I'A bi kheyr sister, best wishes to you.

HAMBALYO MUNIIRA ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, HAMBALYO HAMBALYO

Where is the wedding at ???????

where is my invitation card ??

when is it exactly ???

Malika   

Amiin, Amiin, thanks ya all for your dua's..I appreciate your warm and sincer congratulations..

Now let me answer some questions:

Serenity; yes sis the rumour we met at SOL is a lie..

JB,Zafir..Jokers!

Nephthys; Oh dear, I am never one to be phased away by fear of taking chance's,I have learned life is for living and living is in the moment so my dear the,second time round is well prepared for,in many aspects... ;) .

Jacaylbaro; Lol..so many questions..The wedding will be happening somewhere near where you are,there isnt a card,just get on you camel and make your way to Hawd,will give you directions when near the time!