Sign in to follow this  
SeNsHuAl_sHaAdIa

loss of culture deen

Hey, i wanted to get this off my chest :mad: . I have come to notice that we somali's are very quick to lose our culture, tradition & deen compared to some other countries such as pakistan, afghans, yemenys & others.

I must stress that im not saying all somali ppl but just a few minority who are giving us a bad name. In the uk where im from there are 3rd generation pakistanis & bangledshi ppl & they still wear their traditional clothes, speak their language, listen to their music, marry their own. & maybe they have neve been to their country but by observing them you would think they got off at heathrow yesterday straight from islamabad.

on the other hand i have seen some halimos that came from badiiya 6months ago & they are walking round half naked, drinking & smoking, going from one club to anotha, using the 8 broken sentences they learned in their ESL class yet dening they know somali & even having haram sex with the 1st man that holla's at them.

& same also goes from sum guys too, although i have personally seen more girls turn out this way.

I dont wan to babble on but wat makes it worse is that sum of these ppl feel that they aint done nuthing wrong & are infact parading it around. There are soo many somali ppl that came out in the media disgracing our countries name. Iman, waris sumthin, ayan hersi, that woman aman that wrote the book on her life & probably more.

not including the others that are not infront of the media, like the halimos i mentioned & the 2 somali gay guys i saw hugging & kissing up in soho, UFFFFF.

What is the cause of this, that some of our ppl are quick 2 lose their culture, & then parading thier shame proudly insted of hiding it?

Kool_Kat   

hi and wlc to SOL...

To answer your q of what caused Somalis to lose their culture, is most of those ppl neva had a strong value of diin and culture to begin with...

I understand where you are coming from but I must disagree with you. First of all, when people come to another culture very different from their own, they have to adapt. That is normal, even amongst pakistani, yemenese, etc.

If they want to drink or indulge in homosexual behaviour, they aren't answering to the somali community. They answer to ALLAH (SAW). In case you didn't know, drinking and homosexuality existed even in Somalia..so none of it is new.

So my advice to you, don't spend the rest of your life worrying about other people and how they aren't somali enough.

Hell, I still eat moos with my bariis. I don't know about you ...but that's Somali to me.

Rokko   

I must agree with Opinionated..with this. Back home there ppl who did from A-Z had to keep it low..in order to fit in..either by wearing certain clothes...I mean you would see galz with Hijaab..back home..during da day..and night..time iz on na'mean and da same goes for guyz too..Macawis and Jima prayer..and iz on..at night time.

But after coming here, they feel comfy taking outside..so it's not new baby gal..

Keep in mind of course there are alwayz those who r flowing with da flow too.. or like da saying

"Meel il laga la'yahay hadaad tagto, il baa la iska ridaa" dang i'm good LOL

that's my shilling iyo badh

At last one good topic in the general section that one can dig his teeth into. Is it me or is this place losing quality for quantity?

What I am about to say is not an attempt to preach nor to show a hollier than arthou attitude but rather rememberance for those who believe and remembrance for myself too.

In an attempt to contribute to your pertinent question why people losing their deen? I would like to say the main causes are simple, lack of adhering to Quran and Sunnah.

The Prophet (SAW) warned Muslims about this in his last sermon. He (SAW) warned of the fitnah of this dunya, the trials and tribulations to come such as gambling, backbiting, fitnah of women, misguidance, inventing newly things in religion, and told people to stick to Quran and Sunnah then they will be saved.

However, many of us Muslims do we really follow Quran and Sunnah? Do we really have good knowledge about Quran and Sunnah? To realise our situations we must sentence ourselves, am I really obeying Islam?

There are two parties in this world, the party of sheytan whom are the losers. And the party of Allah (The believers)whom are the successful.

However, it is not for us to judge these people or to deeply think about their situations because you will not be asked of them, every man is for himself in the grave. Preferably, it is better to start the correction with yourself by learning Islam and start praying to your God (Allah).

Islam is like the best fragrance, if you have it, it well smell good to others. That is to say if you have Islam within yourself then its light will spread to others.

MUJAHID OVER AND OUT !

Salaams, everyone

The mere fact that Somalis adapt so easily has become a shocking, and often dissappointing, trend. Shaadia, I've seen everything you've noted above in my city. While I will not generalize, many Somalis have adapted to Western culture and accepted Western ideals as their norm. Like opinionated states, its between them and Allah. My philosophy is simple: keep you're family in check. Period!

To paraphrase my feelings on this subject, I'll use a statement a friend of mine was said: "Soomaali si qaldan ay u il bexeen." When you understand that, you understand the nature of Somalis in the West!

Peace n Love