Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

8 feet of snow and 2 more expected

Pujah   

MEXICO, New York (AP) -- Before weekend squalls add to the 8 feet of snow already on the ground, the communities along eastern Lake Ontario needed the dry respite they got Friday.

"Have to move fast. Want to at least get it off my roof," said Ray DeLong, 75, as he carved a path to his driveway with a snowblower and two contractors pushed streams of snow from the roof of his two-story home.

Snow squalls off Lake Ontario have dumped snow by the foot onto Oswego County communities since Sunday, leading Gov. Eliot Spitzer to declare a state disaster emergency. (Watch how parts of New York are digging out of the snow )

Parish and Scriba had about 8 feet of snow since the squalls started, according to the National Weather Service. Mexico Mayor Terry Grimshaw said his village was blanketed by 7 feet.

i havent stepped on a snow yet in my life! i am waiting for the first rain tomorrow in la since last march 06! i aint going no were, cuz ppl here cant drive in rain socked fwys..! i be here homie all tomorrow to clean home, clean up time..!

its midnite and my windows are still open. i stocked up alot of soul food for the event! u ever had the hood fried chicken...lool...its yummy.

Baluug   

^Rudy, I thinks you gotta get out of that smog-infested hole called L.A. Come to Calgary!! You'll be like that guy on Flight 13 who was complaining about all the snow in Minnesota and then the dog starts chasing him around!! :D:D

Another day, another baraf.

This time, it not only snowed. First the ground already had too much snow on, then came a real unexpected snow, then came the icy rain, then the heavy snow, then blizard, then mother of all, a winter storm of winds so strong kor ayee kuu qaadayeen.

Poor Koronto.

407244872_67d9e1f425.jpg?v=0

195297_4.JPG

195385_4.JPG

407244618_2e0c914ab5.jpg?v=0

195667_4.JPG

407244779_085d54baea.jpg?v=0

407244553_1d90bfd03b.jpg?v=0

This person must be a diehard environmentalist.

195601_4.JPG

la smog was a thing of 90s! can u believe no smog alert for the last 6yrs!! i am sitting here with my windows open i dont even know how turn on my heater!! i love winter in la dont no fans on!

ppl this places were designed for polar bears not for humans!! i see snow on top mtns but never touch it!! move to la ppl, u will like it.

Lake   

Yeah..The Thursday Storm hit us all blindly. It started as an okay day..and around 2pm booooooooooom. Things changed drastically between 2-4pm

Pucca   

mac sonkor....goodness! i'd gotten so sick of hearing toronto folks telling me " its so nice here, its still warm and winter hasnt even started...poor you, yall got snow and -24 and up temp?".

now the tables have been switched...*sigh* edmonton is quite lovely this morning..the snow is just bout starting to melt and folks are goin about their day in sweaters.

Ebyan   

Yeah the storm sucked,but most of the snow has melted and it's pretty warm out now..-8 C with the windchill. smile.gif

Miriam1   

With all the recent warm weather in toronto, i lost my daily habit of deciding what I wear by checking the weather channel(CP24)early every morning..walahi that Thursday storm taught me a lesson...trying to step on people's remaining footprints..so I didnt have to go Smashing in inches high snow with my sneakers..painful..but it kinda makes u feel better about that whole Global Warming scare...I prefer the snow lakin to the horrible black ice that is everywhere now