Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Slack in the middle

So you have made it through the first third of Ramadan and have been making a decent effort. You've developed a routine, u're easing into the fast and getting comfortable. You have your eyes set on the last third of Ramadan and are looking forward to Laylatul Qadr whichever one of those last nights it may fall on....

But wait! What about this one-third of Ramadan? The period where u are most likely to get lazy and go through the prayers and fast mechanically. There can be hidden danger in comfort and routine. Re-evaluate. Are you achieving all those goals u set yrself? Are u reading the Quran as often as u'd planned? Are you making it to the Tarawih? Are you drifting through the days or fasting and worshipping consciously?

Don't waste these days in the middle. After the intial burst of enthusiasm, don't slack in the middle. Every day is precious. Make use of the opportunity to be forgiven for your sins today. And do the same tomorrow, if it should dawn, inshallah.

Ramadan Kareem

Curly   

Wow, you read my mind, thanks for the encouragement and for the reminder. I feel as though I’ve started to slack these past couple of days…I’ve been finding it harder to get up for suxuur or pray on time for that matter and even my prayers are fast and thoughtless.

Thanks smile.gif and Ramadan Kariim to you too!