Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

OOH LALAAAA GALS JIGGY WITH IT

somalien, walaalo, the music part of your Question --read the iyaat from suraat luqman that i have quoted above,

women singing and raising their voices in Islam is haraam. go ask any shaikh! <---thats me not being rude but admitting i havent got the evidence.

wait having said that, i read in a book that one of the signs of the day of Judgement is women singers!

Allah knows best, im not claiming to be all holy, but to me this is basic knowledge.

as for a girls voice being a Provocative sex tool, hmm, a girls voice down the phone can turn a guy on real easyyyyyy. i dont think that i really need to explain that in any more detail.

not to dissect things but that ayat says music that distracts from the path, and there are also some known hadiths talking about the goodness of music for the soul (poetry talking about allah, or stories set to music), im not saying these girls songs (bump, bump) fit, but i dont think that surah calls music haraam.

and as for the voice being a sexual tool, okay, but why just the female voice? not all female singers have sexual inuendos in their lyrics. isaac hayes is known for his "sexy" voice, lots of male singers are described having "sexy, sultry music" how, and why is it suddenly the female voice, not just singing voice, but regular voice being heard zinnah. i cant hide that i dont like it, and frankly would like some proof before i call it the truth, and as far as talking to a man on the phone exciting him... thats really creepy, men like that fall into the pervert category.

ooh, and women singers as the callers for judgement day... is that supposed to be a bad thing?

nafta   

^^^ true said sis silent sistah , i have heard the same stuff from my mom, go figure!

But all that aside

It is funny though how people come to say 'big up' to these girls in the beginning and then change to 'are they even somalian' to 'they are kafirs' in the end.

Its really not relevant and up to us to decide that let them do what they want, and afterwards allah will deal with whatever danbi they did.

But hey, somali ppl just dont know how to do that i guess :rolleyes:

P.S. I liked some of their songs though ;)

somalien......hmm...like i said, i thought this to be common knowledge,,,,,,

nasheeds (islamic songs) without musical instruments (accept a duff/drum) is permissible.

songs with musical instruments, sexual, racial, satanic subliminal orientations/messages/lyrics are not permissible in Islam,

the topic here was these girls, and the music they are producing, i dont know nor do i care about those Musicians /singers u mentioned above. and like u said, these girls music does not fit the bill.

i see u looking for a debate,,,,islamically walaalo i can only debate what i have knowledge ,and im 1st to admit i dont have enough knowledge,

both men and women are told to lower their gaze. i dont know why just women are told to lower their voices and not wear perfume, were as men are aloud to do both, but they are.

i felt i should share what i know, if u have doubts about what i have said, and u seriously want proof, go to your local mosque and ask the shaikh for the evidence supporting refuting both cases, im sure he would be better informed. then u could walk away satisfied.

Personally when told something is haraam, the fact that doubt has crept into my heart is enough to make me refrain from it.

i really wasnt looking for a debate, i agreed with you, their music isnt halaal, what i am questioning is whether music (all music) is halal or not. obviously there is a correlation between music and debauchery (partys, drinking, smoking), but music can also lift youre spirits, make you morally self aware, and many other good things, but i think it has more to do with content lyrically as well as the artists demeanor.

as for the female voice thing i think youre thnking of a hadith that tells women not to sweeten their voices when talking to men, because not being able to raise youre voice implies a number of things which i personally find negative which is why i doubt its accuracy. also, not to drag this on, if you could, id like to see the hadith that tells women not to wear perfume.

somealien, 1st, when u say music, it implies musical instruments which are not allowed, as i have told u above. but Islamic songs etc lift spirits and i think thats what your referring to.

about the womes voices,,,,,InshaAllah on saturday, ill either be corrected, or i will get the hadith(s).

as for the perfume (women can wear it at home, but not outside or around non-mahrem men.

proofs:

(1) abu musa Al-Ash'ari (radiya Alllah anhu) reported that the Prophet (saw) said

"any women who wears her perfume and passes by people who would smell her perfume is a fornicator". (An-Nasa'I & Abu Dawud)

and

(2) A woman passed Abu Hurairah (radiy Allahu anhu) wearing strong perfume. He asked her: "O slave of the Powerful! Are you going to the mosque?" "yes" the woman answered. He further asked her, "Did you wear perfume for this purpose?" The woman answered "yes". Yhereupon , he said, "Go back home and have a wash. i heard Allahs messenger (pbuh) saying "any woman who goes to the mosque wearing perfume, Allah does not accept her salat unless she returns home nad washes off the smell of her perfume".

and

(3) Abudullah bin 'Umar (radiy Allahi anhu) reported that Allah's messenger (pbuh) said:

"three people Allah will debar them from jannah: an alcoholic, a person who is not dutiful to his parents and a daiyuth* who approves perverted behaviour of his wife" (Ahmed)

* the epithet 'daiyuth' literally signifies a man who knows and tolerates his wifes infedility, or one who does not feel jealous when his wiffe goes out wearing perfume and make-up, exciting men's lust consciously or uncounsciously.

and

(4) shaikh Al-Haithami asserted:

"when a woman goes out wearing make-up and perfume, she commits a grave sin even if her husband permits her to do so". (Az-Zawajir)

hope that helps sis!

I don't see a website, the link got removed...

Sophist, interesting reply...

Jalee Liqaaye; you and me we're on the same page dude... But I don't think Somalis have become liberal, I think they were always liberal, seems to me they are actually becoming conservative...

Anyway, whether or not these ladies are Somali, it seems to me you'll are holding Somalis to way too high a moral standard...

personally, I expect anything from anyone.

Somealien, it's good to question... there are a lot of how do you say atypical Islamic prohibitions (atypical in light of what we maybe accustom to)...

Nafta, good observation on the changing mode of criticism, but there is nothing wrong with negatively criticizing them. Maybe some people feel it's wrong and needs rectification.

sofine   

yo yo......i really think this is extremely interesting....i give props to anyone who is doing there thing....much love and respect...

Pucca   

five pages of absolute garbage! argh! only silent sister made sense in all of this. :rolleyes: *shakes head* promoting such garbage should seriously be under the "do not do" rules.