Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

A Non Muslim Woman Experiments with 'Hijab'

Xafsa   

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

Flying

I wish I had someone like u to help me shop for matching clothes too. I'm making the transition from hair-only to full hijaab and my clothes are frustrating me. Skirts and scarves aren't a problem, but tops are. Everything I have is either too loose or too tight, too long or completely shapeless. :rolleyes:

I specialize in tops girl....I wish I was in london with you I would help you out for sure. Congrats in making the transition thats a big step.

^^lol^^, yeah, thanx...took me long enough. I told myself I was putting it off coz I wanted to do it right, u kno, no cutting corners later...so I should put it off until I prepared my wardrobe and blah blah blah...excuses, I guess, when there shouldn't be any.

Iffah   

^ pats ya on the back. smile.gif

& Mizz...good decision.

Ameenah, thanks sis. That was a nice piece.

Flying: The skirts and the hijaabs are not a problem for me too..but finding a nice comfortable top that looks good with the hijaab is hard to find. What most of the stores carry is not designed for Muslimahs. Most of the nice shirts don't even pass the waist...and I'd like something that'll cover my behind :D ..Any suggestions?

Xafsa   

^^^^ do they have lerner New York stores where you live? or maurices? I buy my shirts from those 2 stores...they carry very conservative tops during the fall...thats when I usually stock up.

Changed   

^^^ i remember that weekend ooh those were the days smile.gif ......we should do some of that shopping now that we start school in three weeks.... I seriously cant wait for school ...if u know what am talking about icon_razz.gif

ps....lerners in mankato is closed ...i had to break it down to ya since u was suggesting it! am guessing it was ur fav! :confused: i guess they ran out of business

Xafsa   

closed!!!!! :( So that means I have to keep coming back to the cities. But you know the lerner's down here are alot better than the one in our tiny town.

Let me know if you want to do some shopping down here...I need some casual clothing for school.

1luv