Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Somalis in Lewistone slides...

raula   

As they(Somalis) try to establish a new life and create new identities for themselves, many natives have bombarded them with racial slurs/overtones and hateful graffitti messages about the newcomers. And that's exactly what happned at the same town Q-LEAP last year, when the newly arrived somalis were asked by the mayor and other officials to leave the state/town because they were not wanted and were accepted in that white-populated town. Fortunately, civil/anti-race activists got word of the discrimination hauls and demonstrated against the issue.

NB: for those in Minnesota-there is a movie that came/comes out in the summer(I think already did) and is showing around the University of Minnesota theaters regarding this incident that happened to Somalis in Maine. I believe the movie is called: THE LETTER -plz check your local listings for the schedules.

STOIC   

I know the whole family walahi!.They are very close freinds from back home and here.I am afraid next time i log inn SOL, i might find my family pictures here acuthubillahi(small world)!.

underdog   

Originally posted by raula:

NB: for those in Minnesota-there is a movie that came/comes out in the summer(I think already did) and is showing around the University of Minnesota theaters regarding this incident that happened to Somalis in Maine. I believe the movie is called:
THE LETTER
-plz check your local listings for the schedules.

AFD_Poster_Final_Small.JPG

Official website for the Documentary

Almas   

They played The Letter at my school, its a very good documentary..kind of long at some points but very good.