Sign in to follow this  
FatB

Man kills colleague in row over phone volume

FatB   

Sharjah: Sharjah Sharia Court of First Instance has sentenced a man to death for allegedly killing a co-worker by hammering his head with a stick — that he stuck nails into — because the latter was listening to ‘loud' songs on his mobile phone.

The accused A.A.A, a 28-year-old Egyptian construction worker, was found guilty of the premeditated murder of H.A.K,, also an Egyptian.

The accused allegedly asked the victim to reduce the volume of music on his phone, but the latter refused. Police said the crime took place in a deserted building in Al Nassirya, Sharjah, where workers of various nationalities used to stay and sleep on the building's roof.

Court documents said that A.A.A allegedly murdered H.A.K while he was asleep. The accused admitted his crime to police as he committed it in front of a large number of workers.

The accused told police, the public prosecutor and court that the victim had refused to reduce the volume on his mobile and was listening to music before he fell asleep. Additionally, the victim told the accused to sleep elsewhere, as there was space on the roof of the building.

The accused and the victim fought with their fists before grabbing long sticks and swearing at each other.

A few Pakistani workers intervened and asked them to stop fighting.

The victim and his friend changed their place fearing the accused. After two hours, the accused allegedly used a wooden stick with nails to beat the victim on the head.

The victim died on the spot from severe brain damage and a fractured skull. The accused allegedly hit the victim on different parts of his body.

The brother of the victim told the court that the family sought capital punishment for the accused.

The court ruled that this was a premeditated murder and sentenced the accused to death. The accused, who is being detained, has appealed the death sentence.

The case is being now reviewed by the Sharjah Appeal Court.

source

Abtigiis   

The volume issue could only be the immediate cause for the rift and fighting. The two may have issues before, or the accused might have felt insulted by the victim. Pride, not volume could be the cause. Sometimes, people look at trivial issues to explain a complex issue.

I heard a man who killed someone who borrowed 10 somali shillings. People said he killed for 10 shilling, but it was also known the arrogance shown by the victim when the lender asked for his money was too much.

Showqi   

It just shows you how quick things can escalate from argument--> fight--> murder. We all know that some people have rage and anger problem. And the worst part is that the accuser attacked the victim while he was asleep "defensless man" :mad:

I wish you could notice, someones' mood by looking their face.

Tusaale:

Upset= Face turns pink

Angry= Face turns red

Rage = Face turns green "Danger watch your back"

Originally posted by Showqi:

I wish you could notice, someones' mood by looking their face.

Tusaale:

Upset= Face turns pink

Angry= Face turns red

Rage = Face turns green "Danger watch your back"

Lol wouldn't that be nice. Better yet, if we had multiple lives so when one threatens to kill someone you could be like "he ain't kidding, this dude already killed me twice!" :D

This is kind of freaky though, the next random person you quarrel with could end up murdering you :eek:

This is no different from road rage, where people have killed for no reason other than somone cut them off, was driving too slow or whateva.

I was watching a court trial the other day, where a man followed another man home after the latter flipped him the finger on a freeway. The man then tortured and killed the other man, stuffed his body in his car and wrote " I was a dumbass anyway"with the man's blood, which was about the only evidence that got him cought.