Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

How To Manage Your Time

Time management is not a concept I have grasped yet, particularly at work. I would be drowning under a tonne of my own work and my manager will throw several trivial but time-consuming tasks across my desk and I find myself doing them! *Must learn to say NO!*

And let's not talk about my personal life!

Sheh, that sounds like a good book. I'll check it out I'A.

^ do so; it's one of those books that has become a classic for good reason. Val, just say to him/her, please help me out dearest manager, here's my original list of to-dos, which of these shall I drop inorder to make time for these new tasks? smile.gif

Entre, Wayne Dyer's You'll See It When You Believe It, Bill Bryson's Down Under and Anthony Robbins's Unlimited Power(re-reading).

I actually put to use what I pick up in books (that is in line with my values) and recommed to friends. We play around with the concepts and relay how methodologies have worked for us. It beats moaning over dinner or the phone. It makes for inspiring nights out.

N.O.R.F   

^^Are weeks away exploring far off lands included in your time management Sheh?

A simple list in your work note book (in between all the meeting notes and doodling) to be crossed off on a daily basis is good enough. You will hardly ever completely clear the list as new tasks come along thick and fast. Prioritise what needs to be done.

Xidigo   

^^Brother, you have been misinformed. :D Who told you Africa is the only continent that has diamonds? There are other far off lands with lots of diamonds. Like Texas and GA they have got all the diamond in the world. :cool: :D lol.

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^Are weeks away exploring far off lands included in your time management Sheh?

A simple list in your work note book (in between all the meeting notes and doodling) to be crossed off on a daily basis is good enough. You will hardly ever completely clear the list as new tasks come along thick and fast. Prioritise what needs to be done.

Nope. That's on pause for now. And I HAVE been to Africa....

Originally posted by sheherazade:

^ do so; it's one of those books that has become a classic for good reason. Val, just say to him/her, please help me out dearest manager, here's my original list of to-dos, which of these shall I drop inorder to make time for these new tasks?
smile.gif

Entre, Wayne Dyer's You'll See It When You Believe It, Bill Bryson's Down Under and Anthony Robbins's Unlimited Power(re-reading).

I actually put to use what I pick up in books (that is in line with my values) and recommed to friends. We play around with the concepts and relay how methodologies have worked for us. It beats moaning over dinner or the phone. It makes for inspiring nights out.

Inspiring and motivating, I'm sure. I love having that sort of conversation.

About my manager, she seems to think I'm her assistant and will therefore do all her work as well as mine. The disadvantage of working in a team of two. :rolleyes:

Nehanda   

Val, your manager sounds like a lazy git. just be proative and say NO next time. If the work she is giving is not part of your job spec either ask for a pay rise or simply refuse unless of course doing the extra work means personal development.