cadnaan1

US issues ultimatum three african countries reverse ban used-clothes imports.

galbeedi   

This industry of importing used clothes, kills  local production of textile in these countries. 

America is becoming greedy and bully. They are behaving  like the old colonials by forcing developing nations to accept used clothes.

They should challenge China and others before stepping poor Africans which is now the whole mark of the Trump administration. You call them poor and dirty, yet you force them to accept old  clothes as a good trade. 

Folks, this is the color of the American superpower.

1 hour ago, cadnaan1 said:

I did not know there was money to make from second hand clothes I thought hoodhayda was charity thing.

There is also the 'aid' of dumping expired and near-expiring qamadi to Afrika with the big letters of USAID imprinted on jawaano, which the US government buys from US farmers, indirectly aiding their farmers and getting rid of stored old qamadi in their silos.

The only thing I agreed with Barbaarta was banning this so-called aid from deegaanada ee ka taliyanaayeen, even though it might have hurt in the short term. But people started farming again in those deegaano and depended less on the so-called aid.