Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

A major diaspora conference to take place in Canada

Somali Cause Convention, an annual conference of grassroots Somali organizations in North America. The Conference will address many issues, featuring experts, Somali intellectuals and other scholars.

Great event, indeed!

Canada Hosts the Third Annual Somali Cause Conference Invited Guests Include • Ahmed Ould-Abdallah UN Special Rep. for Somalia • Prof. Hassan Mahadallah Southern University • Dr. Mohamud A. Jama • Prof. Paul Camacho University of Massachusetts • Prof. Ken Menkhouse Davidson College • Prof. Michael Weinstein Purdue University • And More LocationDate: Saturday April 25, 2009 Time: 5:00 pm Address: Days Hotel & Conference Centre 1677 Wilson Avenue Toronto, Ontario For more information please contact Abdulkadir Abdirahman at (202) 285-0780 Abdi Dirshe at (416) 899-8971 COME AND JOIN USSomalia: Embracing Change for Durable Peace, Unity and Prosperity. Experts, renowned scholars, prominent Somali leaders, Canadian and American policy makers will address the Conference. Member Organizations Somali Canadian Diaspora Alliance, Canada United Somali Diaspora, MN Somali Diaspora Network, VA Alliance for peace and development, OH Baltimore Somali Community, MD Greater Boston Somali Community, MA Somali Institute for Peace and Justice, MN

' alt='>'>

Dhubad.   

AU, brother I don't think you can add PDF files as image unless you convert them into image (i.e. Jpg, Gif, Bmp etc) file.

I can convert it for you if you send me the file(check your PM).

Good luck.

Originally posted by wacdaraha_aduunka:

Another conference when will they ever end

There are two types of conferences:

(a) bad conferences, where attendees plot against the aspirations of our people, and

(b) good conferences, where people come together for the sole purpose of bettering the condition of our country and people.

So, which one do you wish to end?

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Greater Somali Community of Boston...what do these people do for Somalis anyway?

Awoowe, these are political, advocacy organizations, nothing to do with the sorts of non-profit organizations that you seem familiar or even tend to question their motives when they say we're there to improve the community. GBSC has being at work since Ethiopia occupied Somalia and now is gearing all its efforts to the advocacy and lobbying for the interests of the people both here and there.

Btw, good to see you, saaxiib. What do you do for the country, other than drawing on SOL? :D

Prof. Hassan Mahadallah Southern University

I had the fantastic opportunity to meet Prof Mahadallah. What a great brilliant Somali.

AU,I wish i had the time to go to this forum,wish you all luck smile.gif

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

quote: Prof. Hassan Mahadallah Southern University

I had the fantastic opportunity to meet Prof Mahadallah. What a great brilliant Somali.

AU,I wish i had the time to go to this forum,wish you all luck
smile.gifThank you, FB, but I ask you to spread out the word. This year's event will definately make major headlines in the news, IA. But the point is to accelerate the pace of the movement and increase the Somali presence in the corridors of policy makers. The great thing about this is it belongs to the young diaspora leaders who want to make a difference in the lives of our people in Somalia without dealing with the warlords. Demanding good policies by taking political actions can kill more warlords than you can imagine. So, join the movement, awoowe.