Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Iam alcoholic

No wait, I was molested by clergymen. Whatever happen to own up to your mistakes and bad judgements. Iam talking about the latest Republican fiasco where a Florida congressman was caught engaging a steamy instantt messaging with young male pages. The congressman did resign, but instead of admitting his mistakes, he blamed alcohalism and past sexual abuse for his sad behavior. Can disorders and past experiences be used to explain away this man's bad judgements?

The sad thing in this sorry saga is that the speaker of the house was aware of this man's behavior and yet did nothing to protect the young.

web page

SeeKer   

Republicans are enjoying the majority in congress. Why would the speaker uncover the incident when in his hand is a golden egg. Knowing Foley's secrets (and this is personal conjucture) meant the speaker, come time to vote, was assured of his vote. I don't think it should matter none since elections are only a few weeks away. Maybe most people should vote independent just so not one party rules in the congress. Independents can tip the scale either way.

Ps:- What you think of the conservative heavy Supreme court? There is talk they are going to be revising rulings from before about abortion and affirmative action to name but a few. :mad:

The supreme court seems to have liberal slant when it comes to issues of social importance.

Todays supreme court justices can be classified as being overly conservative, but usually with time even the most conservative justices begin to revere more the traditions of the courts rather than remaining true to their idealogical base.(Scalia and Thomas might be an exception..lol).

They might re-examine few things to appease Bush's Evangical base, but in the long run, I don't see them overturning all major civil right cases that won over the last few decades.

Tuujiye   

^^^^^^ Ajaaaaaaaaja ramadaan xitaa wax maa lagaadaa....abooto dhacnay iisha ilbuunee!!!!!! unukaa walax aragnay!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

what ever stupet thing you do, claim you are an alcoholic and check into rehap, thats a classic move. in a few moths they will forget it ever happened. also, along with the other republican mishaps, LST, you forget the repub lican senatoral condidate who called the asian man a makaka (a trype of monkey) who was seen as a safe seat for the republicans but is now leaning towards the democratic candidate.

SeeKer   

^^You are talking about Senator George Allen. He not only called the dude a makaka but he seemed embrassed of his jewish heritage. I guess he was miffed at the fact he would have to figure out how to get a jewish angle in on his christian republican campaign.

Along the same lines of alcoholism and being depraved, what I heard on NPR the other day shocked me. Exodus, a evangelical church, were turning homosexuals into heterosexuals. What puzzles me is that most monotheistic faith consider homosexuality to be a deviant behavior and thus unacceptable, and here is a church treating it? I guess it brings new meaning to the phrase hate the sin not the sinner .