Sign in to follow this  
nuune

What an art, great display

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

I'm suspicious about Amin Amir, there is something very sinister about his style and art, the fact that his work is always used as a political tool to mock whatever political side is being depicted is a good indication of this, while this brother on the other hand prefers to paint in a positive style, which i personally can appreciate much more.

One is an artist for art's sake and the other is a political cartoonist, saaxib. Labada kala sar.

As for Amin's art, it is really not much different to your comments on these forums. You choose to share your opinions in words and he does his in pictures. A caricature is (and has always been) a great political tool.

Chimera   

See first page, someone(JB) referred to him as the new Amin Amir and i disagreed. There is no need to classify them under different categories as both artists have art depicting Somali leaders and political events, but Amin Amir enters a territory where i don't get the 'message' or the 'point' behind/of his art

Ex: There is World wide outrage because a well known politician raped a 7 year old girl, now tell me which sick political cartoonist would literally depict an old man having illegal sex with a minor? That would be sick right? wouldn't you question the mind of that artist?

well alot of the times Amin Amir's images are exactly like that.

NGONGE   

^^ But there is a reason to classify them, saaxib. One is clearly a political cartoonist and the other is your usual wishy washy artist.

As for your second point, I would say EVERY political cartoonist would do it. The point is NOT to mock the predicament of the people being portrayed, the point is to mock the situation.

Here are some that are not Amin:

SaudiOilCartoon.jpg

george-bush-cartoon.jpg

knin271l.jpg

haatuf_cartoon.jpg

knin313l.jpg

05.05.22.FallowedGround-X.gif

132.jpg

AYOUB   

^^ Amin Amir is famous for cartoons these days but he has done regular paintings as well as posters and murals for Gen. Barre.

NGONGE   

^^ Thanks for the info, saaxib. But it's off point. Adam is questioning political cartoons! I am just saying that you may not always get the message but the actual medium is fine as it is.

AYOUB   

^^ You're wlc. smile.gif I was giving additional info to your answer. Compare Amir's paintings (not cartoons) with gentleman's. If this gent does cartoons as well, then comparing and contrasting them with Amir's makes sense. My point is; tufaaxs for tufaaxs yaa Arabeto. :D