Sign in to follow this  
Mowgli

Stratagem

Mowgli   

Salaams

I had to translate this joke into english, so I hope it hasn't lost its overall meaning.

An old Arab man who has been living in Chicago for more then 40years wants to plant potatoes in his garden, but digging the earth is too for a man of his age to cope with.

His only son, Ahmed, is studying in France.

The old man sends an email to his son explaining the situation. “Dear son, I’m very sad because I can no longer plant potatoes in my garden this year as I’ve become too old to dig the earth. If only you were here, then all my problems would be solved, as I know you would dig up the earth for me. I love you. Your father.â€

The next day the old man gets a reply back from his son saying “Dear father, for all the gold in the world, do not go near the back garden, for there is hidden what you and I both know.â€

At 4am the following day, at the house of the old man arrive the police, agents from the FBI, from the CIA, SWAT, the rangers, the marines, Silverster Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger as well as the highest representatives of the Pentagon, who search every inch of the back garden, looking for traces of anthrax, materials to build bombs and any other dangerous materials. But they do not find anything and go back with their tail between their legs.

The same day, the old arab gets an email from his son saying “Dear father, I’m sure by now you can plant your potatoes in the garden. This was the best I could do considering the circumstances. I love you. Ahmedâ€