Sign in to follow this  
cream

Mo farah

cream   

or as i like to call him Moxamed Farax, :cool:

The somali star is representing Great Britain today in the European athletics championships ...

Lets all pray he does well and makes the somali community proud :D

cream   

LOL , european champion is what the subtitles say icon_razz.gif not somali champ , but in our hearts he's made us proud with today

N.O.R.F   

article-1298131-0A975659000005DC-891_468

Farah turned in a superb performance to win in a time of 28 minutes, 24.99 seconds. The 27-year-old stormed clear of Spain's Ayad Lamdassem with 350m to go, and never looked like being caught.

Thompson produced a rousing final lap to overhaul Lamdassem and just beat Italy's Daniele Meucci on the line.

A delighted Farah said afterwards: 'It's awesome to win this, this means so much to me and my family.

'I had big doubts in the winter. I put it behind me and kept training.

'I gave it 100 per cent four years ago, but got beaten by the better man. This time it all went right.'

N.O.R.F   

Farah turned in a display of supreme confidence, bordering on arrogance, as he took gold in 28 minutes 24.99 seconds ahead of team-mate Chris Thompson.

The Somalia-born 27-year-old had finally hit the front in a slow race with five laps to go, but then beckoned Spain's Ayad Lamdassem through to take up the pace with just over three laps remaining.

Remarkably, a lap later Farah was so confident the race was his that he turned around to encourage Thompson, who was engaged in a battle with Italy's Daniele Meucci some 30m behind.

And the gambit paid massive dividends as Farah stormed clear with 350m to go and Thompson produced a rousing finish to overhaul Lamdassem and just hold off Meucci on the line, both athletes given the same time of 28:27.33.

Four years ago in Gothenburg Britain won just one gold medal in the entire championships, claiming the men's 4x100m relay on the final day of competition.

But Farah and Thompson were always expected to deliver, coming into the race separated by less than a second this year but more than 30 seconds quicker than anyone else in the field.

BOB   

He created an unneccessary argument between the Somalis I've been watching amongst when he took the Somaliland flag.

Soomaalidu wax walba way ku murmayaan beryahan.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Haatu   

I couldn't stop laughing when they showed the clip of him fainting in an earlier race he took part in. Miskiinka looked like he had AIDS when he was taken out on a stretcher unconscious. :D

He had to take out the S/land flag didn't he. :D

Polanyi   

When he pulled out the SL flag, he didn't pull it out properly, so all I could see was a blurry bit of the shahada. I said WT is..... hell is that........ Ah, it was the Somaliland flag. Anyway, the Somaliland banner is our flag too.Ma fi Mushkila. :D Good run from ina farax, i mean mo fara.

BOB   

Who Togtay Who? Meesha maxaa toogasho keenay hala ordo unbaa leysku ogaaye. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.