Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somali Victims

galbeedi   

This could be very dangerous turn for the Oromo people. During the oppressive years of Mengistu in the eighties and the destitute , poverty and the hardships of

Meles Zanawi , the Oromo peasants had found shelter, homes and employment in the Somali regions, whether it is in Djibouti , Borama , Hargeisa, Boosaaso , Mogadishu or even Jigjiga.

If they recklessly create hatred and enmity toward the Somali people, definitely they will lose more than the Somalis. If you exclude the Somalis who joined and settled with them in their region --mostly the Jarso community---Somalis have no reason to deal , trade or seek help from the Oromo. Hundred of thousands of Oromos live in Djobouti doing almost all the menial jobs and earning hard currency; the same goes with tens of thousands living in Hargeisa and other places.

Even Oromo activists had said that the killing of Somalis in Hawaday have caused the displacement of thousands of ORomos in the Somali administration from Jigjiga to Hargeisa.

In this clip, I heard something that might change our attitude or even the way we analyze this conflicts. The deputy minister of Oromia has mentioned the presence

of Somali Republic armed forces in Mooyaale. This is very strange accusations.

In my opinion, The real cause of this hatred and outburst from the Oromo people is mentioned by the video announcer in the first 30 seconds of the video. The Oromo people and their supporters in the diaspora are hell bent to free themselves from TPLF colonial rules. Just like the early independent movements of Africa and Asia , this Oromo would not accept anymore the Ethiopia of TPLF and their colonization of their people

Through education, internet or just the changes the world went through the last 25 years, the Oromo want to liberate themselves from the Tigaray and Amhara hegemony of the last 500 years.

For them, especially the Oromo of the eastern and southeastern Ethiopia , they were looking up to the Somali people and state for help and guidance since they started their movement. For this Oromos who are landlocked and oppressed by the Amhara and the Tigray, Somalis supposed to be their lifeline for liberation and the dream of having a home land. In their eyes, That Somali state had became the vessel of Ethiopia through geopolitical manipulation or the formation of Somali regional states.

They have been watching Somali puppet leaders in Mogadishu carry the orders of Ethiopia by refusing to allow the Oromo to organize inside Somalia politically. THey have watched Cabdi Illey and his Liyuu police deny the Oromo to trade with other regions of Somalia, They have watched Somaliland leaders arrest and give back to Ethiopia every Oromo activist demanded by Ethiopia.

Finally, they became jealous, helpless and resentful of the Somalis who have both the means, resources, Seaports and other strategic means to help them liberate themselves from the colonial TPLF. Yet, they have seen the weakness of the Somalis who do not realize their power and potential to shape the future of the Horn Of Africa.

Finally, they have seen the much toted presidency of Farmaajo cave like those before him and collapse under the Ethiopian manipulation. My friends , the Oromo people are angry at us. THey were looking up to us and we did let them down.

Yet, the Solution to their problem is not to victimize helpless Somalis. Thy should know that despite weak and puppet Somali governments in the region the Somali people are strong and resilient, and they should not be provoked. Let us work together and get rid of the symptoms of our disease which Cabdi Illey and the TPLF.

galbeedi   

I would like also to mention that the Oromos are well known for their Ruwanda style lynching and killings. In Ethiopia, even before things got bad , people were always afraid of the Oromo peasants and their internal hatred that could explode any time. Some , even will tell you that some Oromos hold hateful attitude toward Somalis, because we used to call the " Somali Abbo" .

I was astonished by their level of hatred and brutality towards Somalis. Maybe this is a wake-up for Somalis.

Help understand about the Jaarso, why did they opted for Oromo region in the first place?

galbeedi   

The Jarso had inadvertently empowered the Oromo. They did vote to join with and changed the power of balance.

This is a wake up call. A friend told me that some of these ORomo want to even claim lands that are within the Somali Republic by saying that their ancestors lost the land.

Well, they waked up a Somali giant. These Oromo have never used this kind of cruel violence against the Tigre oe Ahmara,. As our old friend " Mooge" who knew better than most has said in these pages that the "Oromo really hate Somalis" .

We Somalis misread this or the world is changing.

We are no longer giants, just mukulaalo hissing at each other, Somalis in the past from from Ajarun empire, Geledi, Sheikh Barsane, Adal and Dervishes resisted Abyssinia and Oromo masses expansionism. We, now, have Somalis expressing pride in being Ethiopia's lapdogs.

Personally, I hope this subsides. The Horn cannot afford ME like chaos or Rwanda like genocide. The real enemy is the small circle of the TPLF elites. They will use any means to stay in power and when the end comes, they want other ethnics to turn on each other.

I was once listening to audio by Faysal Waraabe, he is out there but he does speak the truth every now and then. He talked about Somalis in Hargeysa. He noted the Somalis will fight over a plot of land but they will never say anything to an Oromo. War masaakiinta iska daaye is their motto.

I hope no harm comes to Oromos in Somali regions ( from personal experience, I know what happens when neighbors turn on each other, it is not pretty) but the massacre and vitriol against Somalis is mindbogglingly.

Agree guys, Somalis and those who bought for the independence, and starting building the nation, if they see what is happening today would roll in grave!

What a shame

The bizarre thing is also so those who accept this low, and already where this low place, will fight or celebrate , smile once they see others fall, lilke Farmaajo.

Dadku in ay gun wada noqdaan bay rabaan, kuwaasa ba ka khatarsan TIgreega