Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

US Legal Residents Banned From Re-entering America

Americans and the world is watching a new horror show.

That said, I was happy to see Americans demonstrating at major US Airports.

We, Somalis, need a place to call home. The world is changing! We should take our country back (in not Trump sense), just take back from those that destroyed our lives and our land.

galbeedi   

Brother Che , I agree. We Somalis have played fast and loose about the issues of nationhood, homeland and sovereignty like tribal games that could be discarded as we wish. It is easy to start a fire, but it won't be easy to stop.

For years I had seen Somalis leaving the diaspora and building things in Nairobi, Uganda and other places. They were mostly southern Somalis, and I used to wonder, Why would any Somali spend millions in an African country that could go in a flame without notice?. why not spend the money in Hargeisa or Boosaaso?.

America defeated communism not by building weapons , but by ideas of freedom and openness. Do not forget this German American bully does not believe any of the things that he is pronouncing. If Obama was a republican , Trump would have run as a democrat. He is a fraud and will fail. Of course he may get some trade concessions, but millions of people will not be coming to the former land of the free.

America has been a heaven for refugees and people escaping from persecutions around the globe. It was the shining light that attracted everyone. Not anymore.

Targeting the most venerable people who are escaping war is not only illegal but cruel. Trump will not make America great, but will make america, small, mean and irrelevant. A man who would not pay the salary of his workers , who took advantage of everyone he encountered will not build America.

He does not even know the weight of the executive orders he was signing. He was smiling like a showman, who does not grasp the enormity of his actions. George Soros , an experienced businessman said " the buffoon is shocked by the victory and he is going to be a disruptive ".

Galbeedi, Trump is narcissist who will do anything to further his fame and fortune. The man didn't even want to win. He has no ideological bent.

The problem is coming from the supremacists and demagogues around him namely Steve Bannon (a white supremacist) and General Flynn (a Christian fascist). They are now the decision makers when it comes to issues of national security and economic policies. The Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff and Director of National Intelligence, the essential members of the white house security council, are , in fact, no longer part of National Security Council.

The directive was actually written by Steve Bannon. The Department of Justice was not consulted, neither was the Congress.

\

The acting Attorney General refused to defend to the order in courts.

That said, Americans did came out in large numbers, lawyers dropped whatever they were doing and went to the airports. Civil rights, churches and other civic institutions came out in number.

Americans are beginning to wake up to the reality Trump will indeed do what he said he will do. We

galbeedi   

Che, I think the opposition to Trump is larger than we all thought. Look at the women's march within a week of organizing close to a million showed up. He has the lowest approval rating of a president in his first day in office.

The reason Stephen Bannon and company are rushing for all these executive orders are they may not last. If the mid term election comes and republicans loose the house, he will be in trouble. They are afraid, or he knew he may not last for whatever reasons.

By the way Che, looking the Somali election, I saw Zakariye Haji Mohamuud. A tough man who is thousand times stronger than Culusow or Ina C/rashiid. I think Somalis should support that guy.

What do you think

galbeedi   

I think We will be lucky if that kind of a guy comes.

Waa in baarlamaanka dhambaal Soomaalidu u dirtaa . Waa haddii larabo in aynu isbedel run ahi yimaado. Farmaajo iyo kuwa kale caruur geel aday ayey noqonayaan marka Zakariye loo fiiriyo