Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Xidigaha Geeska and their Controversial Trip to Xamar

im sure most of you are already familiar with this fascinating story.

four members of Xidigaha Geeska, locally known these days as Xidigaha Gooska, have been arrested upon returning to Hargeisa after traveling to Mogadishu for performance.

apparently they've been arrested because they are SL Govt workers and they didn't seek permission to leave for Xamar. although they deny being govt employees.

their manager and fans are saying the group has the right to travel freely because music has borders.

Jamal Ali Hussein is saying they have the right to travel freely as per the Turkish sponsored talks between SL and Somalia, as it explicitly provides for the free movement of people between these regions.

this entire incident is funny.

somalee   

The people of Somaliland have been fed anti-south rhetoric and it has gotten out of control. Even visiting Mogadishu is a crime now. They despise/hate/suspect the rest of the Somalis. I was in Mogadishu for 8 months until August this year with only short one week breaks and no single time was I asked my clan or treated differently. People there are generally relaxed about it and they appear more civilized. The attitude of Somalilanders towards the rest of the Somalis in general and Southerners in particular is very dangerous and the sooner something is done about it the better.

This incident only reflects that. Its not a government issue. Its a much bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

<cite>
said:</cite>

The people of Somaliland have been fed anti-south rhetoric and it has gotten out of control. They despise/hate/suspect the rest of the Somalis. I was in Mogadishu for 8 months until August this year with only short one week breaks and no single time was I asked my clan or treated differently. People there are generally relaxed about it and they appear more civilized. The attitude of Somalilanders towards the rest of the Somalis in general and Southerners in particular is very dangerous and the sooner something is done about it the better.

This incident only reflects that. Its not a government issue. Its a much bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

sadly this is a prevailing attitude from Somalilandiidist folks who are uneducated, uninformed and hate-preachers bent on hurling unnecessary insults. they continue to denigrate the great strides, development and overall progresses made by the Somaliland people and government.

Somaliland is self-aware and doesn't hesitate to reflect on its direction and actions. the fact the people of Somaliland are actively engaged in such democratic discussions about this latest incident is proof of our democratic credentials.

Somalia, with its porous borders, disputed territorial waters, land grabs by occupying forces and untrained immigration officials tends to have an open door policy on people movement. with its long history of letting in foreigners, be it Italians, Islamic terrorists or Bantus, who continue to abuse the Somali people by raping Somalia women. unfortunately, in the tribal enclaves of Southern Somalia, its not surprising to hear of tribal motivated murders and hutu-inspired-machete-wielding-clan militias randomly killing people - e.g -Mogadisho, Galkacyo and Kismayo.

Xamar and the entire Somalia is a xenophobic epicentre of moral corruption and degeneracy. we know this, and you know this, too. please do not let the qurbojoke folks and their nostalgic yearnings for Somalianimo, peace and stability lead you into believing that such mono-tribal settlements are post-tribal.

tribe is a fact of life. to deny this, is to deny the reality of life. the Somaliland people are peace-loving, diverse populace who are actively bettering themselves. there are various organisations, individuals and government supported efforts which are successfully engaged at the grassroots levels to eradicating and educating people about qabyalaad and its vices.

Mooge   

Balondey, niyoow silanyo is using and abusing the chest-beating SL herd. Saalax figured it out a long time ago, but I guess some are still in the dark. long live SL. looool