Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Divers Marine Contracting L.L.C

YoniZ   

Below is their website. If you go to the footer of their website there are two dowloadable pdf files ( profile and Prequlification). There is plenty of information in the Prequalifacion file , which is in crap english expected from an Engineer person. :(

Although they are not heavy weight like DP. They look decent enough to undertake that kind of project. I suspect DP is the one still calling the shots.

http://www.divers-marine.com

I was hoping the bid would go to a company with better track record like CCECC, the airport bid winner.

I think DP might invest and manage Berbera Port but you are right they control everything in the Emirates.

I read the PDF files, they look semi-professional.

Odey   

I suppose in this case , their written expertise doesnt matter lol.

What matters is their engineering capability - which they seem to have in as far as building ports is concerned. Provided they do a good job , it wont matter.

YoniZ   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I was hoping the bid would go to a company with better track record like CCECC, the airport bid winner.

I think DP might invest and manage Berbera Port but you are right they control everything in the Emirates.

I read the PDF files, they look semi-professional.

Yes that would have been the better option, if the funds are paid by a third country.

They are well connected in the UAE, majority of their brojects are from the goverment bodies, specially from the Armed forces and the local ports.

I was supprised how bad is the english in their reports, given their size, and that Mr Darwish himself being a British national.