Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

Post-mortem on UK General Election...

Coofle   

What a shocker...

The polls, pundits and political analysts all got it wrong...it was not a hung parliment but a tory minority government. With Big names like Ed Balls (labours second man) Jim murphy (labour's Scottish leader) Douglas alexandar (labour's election cheif) losing their seats it was definitely catastrophic result, what makes it worse is the fact that it was not expected..

With labour expected to lose near to 20 seats but the biggest blow was to the liberal democrats which are expected to lose all but 8 of their seats. Ed milliband is expected to step down as Labour leader....and George Galloway lost his seat to labour's Naseem Shah.

What I am looking for now is Nigel Farage losing South thanet and his subsequent resignation..although he might shock us too with a narrow win.

After all, The british public has spoken...Scotland wants to be heard and England wants radical change in the relationship with the EU and control on Immigration...

MYxRVr.gif

Moment Ed Balls lost...

Coofle   

in one hour The Three largest opposition party leaders declared their resignation..Labour's Ed Milliband, Lib Dem's Nick Clegg UKIP's Nigel Farage.....on the other Hand SNP are having a monumental victory ....

ECgonegonegone.jpg

ED Milliband..."it was not the speech I prepared for"

Nigel Farage..."A weight has been lifted off my shoulder!!"

Nick clegg...."This has been a cruel and punishing night for Liberal Democrats"

Holac   

Ed wasn't going anywhere. I hope his brother is not crowned because I think bother brothers are hapless. Labour has to find a strong leader to take on Cameron next election.

ElPunto   

Something fishy about the pre election polls and pundit predictions. It almost seems like poor Ed was set up in the media with all the neck in neck nonsense and that in the end drove conservative voters to come out in force.

Tallaabo   

There are many factors responsible for this resultt such as:

1. SNP

2. Tactical voting

3. UKIP distortion and

4. Disappointment with the liberals.

Coofle   

<cite>
said:</cite>

There are many factors responsible for this resultt such as:

1. SNP

2. Tactical voting

3. UKIP distortion and

4. Disappointment with the liberals.

But I think in their fear of SNP-labour coalition, the English electorate played right into SNP plans of EU referendum. Scotland Votes No to leaving the EU, England Votes Yes(as expected) that will pave the road for Scottish independence. After all it was a Win-Win situation for the SNP.

Now all that Cameron hopes is somehow His EU referendum is blocked magically blocked by Tory majority parliament! Otherwise he might be the last prime minister of united Britain or at least the one that started the time-bomb.