Sign in to follow this  
DoctorKenney

Woman harassed by 100 different men while walking around New York City

TheFutureNow

Saaxib, me and you agree more than you think. You just see the problem in a different angle.

Asians will soon take over. They're more numerous, far more motivated, and more determined then the European White Man. Some of the fastest growing economies in the world are in Asia (including India and China), and the Asians have a culture of self-reliance and hard work. But yet 50 years ago, Asia was a backwards cesspool of starving people and turmoil. But look at how quickly the Asians have transformed their situation, and within 50 years both China and India will be 1st World Nations with a high standard of living for their citizens. Why can't we Africans do the same thing?

Saaxib, I've grown up surrounded by white people. Trust me, they're not that smart. There's nothing really special about them as individuals. They seem to be pretty regular people but look at how much power and influence they have over the globe. Don't be awed by them, and don't think that you don't have the capability to outsmart him in the future. You just have to be determined and motivated, and united with your people. And be patient; Africa won't be a global powerhouse in my lifetime, but it's our job to make sure that within 150 years, Africa will surpass Europe in power and influence. Remember, the USA was a backward 3rd world nation in 1800 but by 1945 the USA was a global superpower. Things can change saaxib. But Africa will never ever be a global powerhouse if we keep complaining all the time and talking about "racism".

And we can't do it alone. I want there to be millions of self-reliant Black Men who can combine their expertise and resources together to create modern nation-states. That's how every race of men reached the top, and it's our duty to do the same thing. I don't wanna live amongst cadaan people saaxib. I want to live amongst my own Somali Muslim people, in a society where I don't have to worry about racism or being marginalized because everyone in my country is walaalo. Where I don't have to look over my shoulder and worry about some racist Cop or some racist Judge or a racist politician. And imagine if we had multiple nations across Africa that had power and influence and the ability to shape global affairs. Do you think the European White Man would dare to come to Africa and exploit our people? He wouldn't dare do it.

And we can't do that unless the rest of Somalis/Africans have the same exact attitude.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Also, this "culture" that you praise when talking about Asians---is what slavery took from African Americans---history, culture, family. And it continues to this day.

But I think the best example of "the system" is your own Somalis.

Go to Minnesota and look at all those Somali girls' faces. They want to be white so bad that they bleach their skin. And look at the prisons--filled with Somalis. And look at the abortion rate etc. etc.

They have culture. They have history. They have religion. And according to them, they're not "black" but "Somali/African/Arab."

But the system says: "WELCOME NEGROES. Watch BET, eat EBT, and be free."

Somali women who bleach their faces is a tragedy and is something that we Somalis should focus on stopping together as a community. But Somali women even bleach their faces in Somalia, where there are no cadaan people anywhere in sight. It's a form of self-hatred where a woman dislikes her brown skin and seeks to lighten it.

But it's our job to correct this problem, and we need to teach ourselves to love the skin we're in and not try to imitate others.

I know many white girls who are unhappy with their skin tone and they seek to tan themselves, so this isn't a Black problem but a human problem.

And BTW, the Somalis in America who commit crimes and go to prison are those who imitate this "gangsta" culture which gets them killed/imprisoned. Just watch the music video I posted, and it's a perfect example of this gangsta culture. We make this destructive music, and we choose to listen to it and imitate the lyrics. And we destroy ourselves as a result.

<cite>
said:</cite>

On a related note,

Has anyone seen that David Chappelle skit were he is a blind man that thinks he is white man and joins the Klan only to find out that he is black - much to his disapppointment. If you can post that video, I would appreciate it. One of the funniest skits ever.

What are you implying here?

Just come out and say what's on your mind.