Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Somalis are entering the middle class, but that ugly habit is still their

Recommended Posts

Apophis   

<cite>
said:</cite>

The manners of talking to each other in a low voice in a public place, being respectful to other people in your environment, coming on time to a pre-arranged gathering while not disturbing the other attendees, etc. are not just white middle class values but are also fundamental Islamic etiquettes.

 

Some examples of these are in the following hadiths:

 

'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

 

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Four are the qualities which, when found in a person, make him a sheer hypocrite, and one who possesses one of them, possesses one characteristic of hypocrisy until he abandons it. These are: When he is entrusted with something, he betrays trust; when he speaks, he lies; when he promises, he acts treacherously; and when he argues, he behaves in a very imprudent, insulting manner."

 

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

 

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

 

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him show hospitality to his guest; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him maintain good relation with kins; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him speak good or remain silent."

 

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

 

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #271, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban.

 

...Abu Darda' reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "Nothing is weightier on the Scale of Deeds than one's good manners."

 

None of your quotes provide an iota of support to your first paragraph.

 

But then again you are someone who thinks your lifestyle is in line with Muslim theology (as evidenced by your posts on homosexuality), so you'll understand if I reject your views/ quotes on Islamic teachings on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

None of your quotes provide an iota of support to your first paragraph.

 

But then again you are someone who thinks your lifestyle is in line with Muslim theology (as evidenced by your posts on homosexuality), so you'll understand if I reject your views/ quotes on Islamic teachings on anything.

I do not expect an avowed atheist to agree with me on anything Islamic but my comment is there to prove that what you consider "white middle class values" have always been fundamental Islamic etiquettes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tutu   

Galbeedi

 

 

Your public soliloquy seems to portray you as a typical Somali and betrays you as one of them if you didn't know.

 

Now, were you complaining about late comers or addressing Somali teenagers' career choice or was it about the gar dheerayal. Or was it about the social issues facing Somalis or the making of Somali middle class ( of which are non-existent)? So now what were you on about?

 

Congrats on your son's graduation. Wow you must feel proud and old:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galbeedi   

Tutu, good question. Actually I am a typical Somali in terms of issues facing my country, it's history, culture and the future. I believe we are free, independent, interpleural people who have a potential to build a good future for their nation, if given another opportunity is given.

 

I know this thread is all over the place, As Ninyaban said, sometimes, these Somali issues consume my mind daily, and I should let it go. Rather than put all my thoughts in one thread, maybe I should address each differently. Having said that , I believe I have a lot to offer to these young lads tearing one another.

 

" gadheerayaasha, beryahanba waan saaranahay oo Al-shabaab iyo belaayadan ay noo keeneen baan ku haystaa. I have great respect for those Propagate our faith and nurture our tradition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galbeedi   

Did I mention that I also do care a lot about my other country Canada?. We came from a war torn country and they did open their doors to us. Gave us an opportunity to make a living and raise a family.

 

The Canadian middle class pays most of the taxes and is the backbone of the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<cite>
said:</cite>

Did I mention that I also do care a lot about my other country Canada?. We came from a war torn country and they did open their doors to us. Gave us an opportunity to make a living and raise a family.

 

The Canadian middle class pays most of the taxes and is the backbone of the country.

This i agree with you 100% sxb...you have to be grateful for those that have given you an opportunity to live in their country. It pisses me off when i see Somalis here in the U.S who are ungrateful for living here, and just try to find anything to whine and complain about the natives. These are all 2nd generation, or have came here very young. They are rude and very vocal. Maybe Apophis need to go live in Somalia for couple of months and get back to us if he still hates Meeshuu ku nool yahay.

 

Galbeedi, i am the say way sxb, when i am out in public, i do everything i can to conform to what every else is doing...and not being noticed or standing out. And not because i dont want 'em to think Somalis are all like that (most of 'em couldn't find Somalia on the map), its because in person, i am very timid, quit and kinda lil shy and hate making a scene.

 

Couple of yrs ago, i was at this shopping mall in Minnesota looking for a parking spot, when this Camry almost side swipes me and parks at the Handicapped spot. And guess who the occupants of the car were....Yep, Somalis. But here is where it gets funny. Since it was some kinda holiday, and parking was kinda hard to get, this Cadaan lady walks up to them and tells 'em to move their car. They had no placards, or plates that had that lil blue wheel chair thingy on it that says u are disabled. The fuckkers get out of the car (3 males and 1 female, all Somalis) and started arguing with the lady about why it was none of her business where they parked. This shitt goes on for almost 10 minutes and i am just sitting there shaking my head walahi. I felt like stepping out and telling 'em to park somewhere.....Waxaan rabay in aan iraahdo, Hooyadiin wase, sida wax loo akhriyo mataqaniin miyaa? Meeshaan waxaa loogu talagalay baabuurta curyaamiinta. Laakinse waxaan ka baqay in eey ugu boodan, oo eey rif rifaan. They looked kinda weird too, probaby high off khat or some other drugs. So i just left.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Couple of yrs ago, i was at this shopping mall in Minnesota looking for a parking spot, when this Camry almost side swipes me and parks at the Handicapped spot. And guess who the occupants of the car were....Yep, Somalis. But here is where it gets funny. Since it was some kinda holiday, and parking was kinda hard to get, this Cadaan lady walks up to them and tells 'em to move their car. They had no placards, or plates that had that lil blue wheel chair thingy on it that says u are disabled. The fuckkers get out of the car (3 males and 1 female, all Somalis) and started arguing with the lady about why it was none of her business where they parked. This shitt goes on for almost 10 minutes and i am just sitting there shaking my head walahi. I felt like stepping out and telling 'em to park somewhere.....Waxaan rabay in aan iraahdo, Hooyadiin wase, sida wax loo akhriyo mataqaniin miyaa? Meeshaan waxaa loogu talagalay baabuurta curyaamiinta. Laakinse waxaan ka baqay in eey ugu boodan, oo eey rif rifaan. They looked kinda weird too, probaby high off khat or some other drugs. So i just left.

You should have intervened and told them to get the f*ck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooge   

like i said before, if there was ever somali intellectual who is waayo arag and have seen the world is this galbeedi guy. he is even raising kids that want to become engineers.

 

weldone galbeedi niyoow. you are true hero niyoow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this