Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Clannish Siilaanyo names two new districts for his kins

Saalax   

He thinks it might help him with the elections.

Somaliland: Sanaag and Ainabo Regions Get New Districts E-mail

Wednesday, 21 May 2014 16:30

HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – The Republic of Somaliland is richer by two new districts following a presidential decree # JSL/M/XERM/249-2501/052014. In the decree made public by presidential Spokesperson Ahmed Suleiman Duhul the president of Somaliland Ahmed Mahmud Silanyo named Gudmo Biyo-As in Sanaag region and Eegaag in Ainabo region as districts. In lieu of powers conferred upon my office by Article 90, section 109 of the Somaliland constitution and article 10 of the Regions and districts laws of Somaliland I hereby name Gudmo Biyo-As in Sanaag region and Eegaag in Ainabo region as districts read the presidential decree. The head of state who also attributed his decision to the wishes of the area's residents and advise of relevant stakeholders most specifically the minister of interior said the new changes take immediate effect as from today.

http://somalilandsun.com/index.php/politics/government/5786-somaliland-sanaag-and-ainabo-regions-get-new-districts-

Holac   

I know a guy from Ceegaag and he is from Khaatumo clan. The district is not Siilaanyo's clan district.

Saalax   

That Ceegaag is part of Buhoodle district not Caynabo district which

is settled by Siilanayo's sub clan.