Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

A one way trip to Mars

Safferz   

I get exhausted just reading the bickering between you two, cut it out guys >:( We should be discussing the prospects of alien attack and other disastrous ends for humanity's first attempts to colonize Mars. Personally I think the colonists will disappear mysteriously like the English did on Roanoke Island.

<cite>
said:</cite>

I get exhausted just reading the bickering between you two, cut it out guys
>:(
We should be discussing the prospects of alien attack and other disastrous ends for humanity's first attempts to colonize Mars. Personally I think the colonists will disappear mysteriously like the English did on

I sincerely apologize abaayo :)

I'll stop this discussion. I've nothing more to say anyways

<cite>

AllYourBase, you're claiming that the Qiblah change was not legislated by Allah.

I'm saying that it was legislated by Allah, and even if the Prophet so desired it, then it was simply Allah granting and fulfilling the Prophet's dua's in a manner which is best for the Muslim community. Mecca is the focal point and a source of unity for all Muslims, if they're in Australia or if they're in Ghana.

And I see nothing wrong with that.

May Allah guide us all

So had the dear prophet not made dua intervention you would still be praying towards Jerusalem. Did the prophet know better than Allah to make such dua?

What I am trying to say is that either the prophet's idea (Mecca) was better than what the Almighty had ordained (Jerusalem, something which obvs can not be) or that both decisions were based on the desires of the dear prophet. Simplez.

Safferz do you believe in aliens? What is your stance on intelligent life 'out there'?

AllYourbase, I strongly suggest you do further reading on Dua's, the conditions for dua's being acceptable, in what circumstances Allah will grant dua's, and other similar topics. The books on these topics are numerous

It'll thoroughly address your last question

Safferz   

<cite>
Safferz
do you believe in aliens? What is your stance on intelligent life 'out there'?

I'm sure there is... Earth is just a tiny blip in one galaxy amongst hundreds of billions of galaxies, isn't it arrogant of us to assume we're unique in the universe?

<cite>

I'm sure there is... Earth is just a tiny blip in one galaxy amongst hundreds of billions of galaxies, isn't it arrogant of us to assume we're unique in the universe?

Why would that be arrogant?

Takale what makes you so sure?

I am aware of how vast the universe is, but to assume intelligent life elsewhere with no evidence just does not make sense. More importantly, what I do not get in these discussions is intelligent according to whom? You have chimps on this planet sharing something like 98% of their DNA with us yet you can not hope to have an 'intelligent' conversation with them. To assume you would have an overlap of any significance with an alien lifeform that you share nothing with seems a little coco to me. Soo maaha dee?

AllYourBase, I think Safferz means that the Universe is so incredibly vast, that statistically and mathematically, it's certain that there exists other intelligent life forms in other galaxies in this universe.

My position regarding this is, I don't know. It's certainly possible that other life forms exist in other planets in other galaxies. Allah knows Best. The Universe is so incredibly vast that even if other life-forms existed, we would never ever encounter them . There's just too much distance between us. The nearest star to us is 4 light-years away, which is an incredible distance.

So it's one of those things we can speculate on, but that's it. It'll bring us no benefit at all

Safferz   

<cite>

Why would that be arrogant?

Takale what makes you so sure?

I am aware of how vast the universe is, but to assume intelligent life elsewhere with no evidence just does not make sense. More importantly, what I do not get in these discussions is intelligent according to whom? You have chimps on this planet sharing something like 98% of their DNA with us yet you can not hope to have an 'intelligent' conversation with them. To assume you would have an overlap of any significance with an alien lifeform that you share nothing with seems a little coco to me. Soo maaha dee?

How does it make more sense to think we're alone in the infinite universe? That's more coo-coo to me :P

<cite>

AllYourBase, I think Safferz means that the Universe is so incredibly vast, that statistically and mathematically, it's certain that there exists other intelligent life forms in other galaxies in this universe.

My position regarding this is, I don't know. It's certainly possible that other life forms exist in other planets in other galaxies. Allah knows Best. The Universe is so incredibly vast that even if other life-forms existed,
we would never ever encounter them
. There's just too much distance between us. The nearest star to us is 4 light-years away, which is an incredible distance.

So it's one of those things we can speculate on, but that's it. It'll bring us no benefit at all

I totally agree, I certainly do not think it is impossible and I am very much open to evidence. Very little could be said to be statistically impossible laakin if 2% difference in DNA could have the difference between us and chimps, it scares me to imagine finding intelligent life form that we share nothing with. :o

<cite>

How does it make more sense to think we're alone in the infinite universe? That's more coo-coo to me
:P

I am not saying we are alone, I am saying we do not know. Knowing our history of 'discovering' continents on this planet the possibilities of us finding life elsewhere or be found by other lifeforms scares me runtii.

What do you guys think about UFO sightings? :D