Sign in to follow this  
Kaluun

Why Kulmiye Party will continue to dominate

Kaluun   

The Somaliland party system and democracy is the amongst the best in the region but a number of things need reforms. From day one, I have always questioned how an opposition leader can also be the Speaker of Parliament. Whatever happened to conflict of interest and minimizing nepotism and corruption?

This is for Somaliland's own good and internal security. Let us assume that Waddani wins the next election with Irro still as the speaker. If Kulmiye were to protest the results, don't you think it would require the mediation of Parliament and MPs before going to probably High Court?

What if Kulmiye simply dismissed MP inputs because of their relations with Irro? Then what?

The people of SL are wise and they will vote for Kulmiye again simply to avoid such headache, turmoil and time wasting. Furthermore, Iro remains a weak politician that lacks political acumen and people skills. He is nice and friendly opposition that keeps the country drama free but he has no personality, strengths other than friendly guy and visions. At least we hear nothing from him. He is too quiet, too reserved and often appears too careless (no passion).

Kulmiye on the other hand are all guns blazing and that's what SL needs. I don't think Irro can handle many issues in the east nor can he put the Mogadishu ship away like Kulmiye can.

Within Kulmiye the party is divided over the chairmanship between Abdulaziz Samale and Muse Bihi Abdi. Mr Bihi is currently in Ethiopia trying to lobby Addis Ababa and the ruling EPRDF party. I made a post on this on ER (view here: http://ethiopianewsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66828)

PICTURE: Muse Bihi Abdi with Ato Demeke Mekonnen, Ethiopia's education minister who is also Deputy Chairman of EPRDF and Chairman of the Amhara National Democratic Movement (ANDM).

u_116985d_2013-11-26-19-14-53f_222.jpg

Samale did amazing job on the budget as the minister of finance and has huge support in SL. The question remains, will Ethiopia support him? Personally I was part responsible for campaign against him (supporting al Shabab and so forth). I think the damage has been done. I have to admit he is more productive than Bihi but I don't think party leadership suits him. He is better for the nation as a minister.

As for UCID, they will remain UCID...a father and son on Learners. At times its hard to know who is the student and who is the teacher. Faisal and Jamal are odd couples. One day they are friends, one day they are both chairmen (like Konfurta) and one day they are casual father and son.

Jamal is a Harvard graduate intellectual but book people don't always turn into thinkers and politicians. He will remain a banker not a politician.

Faisal is amazing at what he does but not politics. He is as funny as Abdi Haybe Lambad.

At least Faisal is funny and outspoken unlike Irro. Faisal also has a big tank when it comes to passion. He is unmatched and he remains the anbessa (lion) that defends Somaliland from himself, Kulmiye, Konfur warlords, aliens, standby venders. You just don't know when he will fire his cannon and on who. I just love him.

Waddani needs big reform and Irro must go.

Kulmiye is not facing great opposition although some good opposition is needed wadani is just kicking off , the charismatic Axmed Hassan Cigaal would be a better opposition than Ciiro, but we shall see. Kulmiye so far is scoring points. Sultan Faisal cali hussein and Jamaal Cali Hussein labada nin eeh isku magaca ah have good ideas but i believe Faisal wants to be the ayatollah if Jamaal is president lol

Kaluun;988447 wrote:

Samale did amazing job on the budget as the minister of finance and has huge support in SL. The question remains, will Ethiopia support him? Personally I was part responsible for campaign against him (supporting al Shabab and so forth). I think the damage has been done. I have to admit he is more productive than Bihi but I don't think party leadership suits him. He is better for the nation as a minister.

Are you saying Samale is one of the decent public figures but can not be the top leader because of alleged "terror" links and Addis?

Any proof of links with Al Shabab?

And is there any point in or real independence if leaders get first Addis approval stamp?

have y'all heard of the extraordinary tale of the Lion and 3 cows?

the famous tale of the lion and 3 cows is an interesting tale, of the political kind, with a particular relevance to the Kulmiye Zionist regime's hierarchy. the lion portrayed by big Silanyo and the 3 cows - Abdirahman Aw Ali, Abdulrahman Mohamed and Muse bixii.

one day, the lion made a pact with 2 of cows, in this particular case: Abdulrahman Mohamed and Muse bixii to set in motion a treacherous plan to tragically end the life of ina Aw Ali. the two cows convinced their friend to go into a deadly trap set by the lion and ina Aw Ali foolishly fell for it. he was eaten by the lion. with just two cows remaining, the lion made the attempt to divide and rule them and it was Musa Bixii who colluded with the lion to get rid of Abdulrahman Mohamed in the most sensational manner. and now it seems the last remaining cow, mudane Musa Bixii, an incompetent thug and already a cow by his very nature (who has surprisingly survived this long) will be got rid off soon. the Big Silanyo is too experienced in setting up these sorts of traps. we know he's a willy fox because he has outmaneuvered his political enemies. lakinse what plan does he have for the people of SL?