Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

UK plans to gift money, training to Somaliland and Pakistan to fight terror

Tallaabo   

SomaliPhilosopher;987051 wrote:
and you talk about 'independence'...

The Commonwealth of Nations is a non-political organisation of equal nations which share common history.

Ibtisam   

Eeeer I hate to spoil the party- but the money has already been spent in Somaliland! it is not new money- it is just the final authorization for the public ceremony and handover. The equipment and money have all been delivered in the last two years and are all currently in use.

There is a consideration to expand the project and appeal for more money to do this;

Oodweyne   

^^^Thanks, Ibti, particularly on raining down on the endless parade of the anti-Somaliland's brigade, who believe that Somaliland's march to marshal her destiny could be stop by that enfeebled government that is fighting for its very own survival in Mogadishu.

As for the project of this kind, I suspect the UK's authorities will most likely continue this sort of arrangement, if matters are presented to them in the manner that makes very sensible proposition to them.

Furthermore, I know that the UK's ministry of defence (MoD) has a very big plan in the works for Somaliland's military, in-terms of officers training programme and military hardware capacity-building, as well as peeving up on a rolling basis our counter-piracy coast guard.

But we shall see how they proceed with this delicate agenda, since it will draw the endless rants of those who wants the worse for us, and therefore will like our military might to be enfeebled state for their design on us.

Ibtisam   

The UK funded projects are many and progressing well- I hope they leave some noticeable and sustainable change in Somaliland security.

Oodweyne   

Ibti,

Thanks for the heads-up, we in here in London, are working with the MoD (through our MPs) to see to it that UK should do all it can to "peeve-up" our defence capability, since we are living in a dangerous neighbourhood. Also, its UK very own interest to have Somaliland with a very and modern capable army that can safe-guard her territorial waters and land.

Of course, that head-chief of the "Looters Incorporated" by the name of Hassan Sheikh who regularly fluff nonsense at Somaliland from his "bunker" guarded by hired African mercenaries call AMISOM, will not like this ever expanding Military-to-military engagement between Somaliland's army and the British defence ministry. But, then I suppose, he would have to settle for impotent rage, since there is nothing he can do about it.. :D

Ibtisam   

While Somaliland security sector needs all the support and help it can get- I find the "threat" from Somalia argument quit deluded- and I find it embarrassing whenever go to see the MOI and he says such things. It is a joke- Somalia can't do anything to anyone. I dont get why Somaliland officials give Somalia all this publicity and credit- please explain if you can- particularly the new MOI? :confused:

Oodweyne   

Ibti,

Because, they think that the Somalia has a recognised government by the international community, then, from their limited education, they think that is the end all and be all for Somaliland. They even think that Somalia can be a threat to Somaliland at the present time or even a few years down the line, and I mean, in a real military sense.

You see little do they know, that Somaliland has been building it’s army for the last 20 or so odd years, for the eventual “show-down” that may come down the road, if and when, some self-serving politician in Somalia, assumes power in after 2016, and say to his “people” let’s bring Somaliland into the fold of the old union in the old fashion way of might.

And at that time, they will be in for a surprise of their life-time. Hence, it’s best to build up your army, quietly, both in training wise (and in here it seems that very soon we will have our first batch of officers from Somaliland that will train in the world famous Sandhurst’s Military Academy), as well as Hardware-capacity building.

All in all; I agree with you, that Somalia is not in a position to be a military threat to anyone, or likely to be any time soon; but, as you know, that rational deduction is unlikely to stop some foolish politician on the make to hazard a calamity of military confrontation with Somaliland over the issue of trying to force her back into the union.

After all, as you know these creatures that passes themselves off as political elites in Somalia have been known to be so singularly foolish in the last twenty or so odd years by feasting on the carcass of their country, that, if I were you, I would not put it beyond their imbecile state to start a war on us, just because the world, in its own self-interest reasons, has decided to “appoint” them as a government of Somalia with a bogus legitimacy.

But, we shall see. However in any case, it’s best to “arm” onself to the "teeth” (or put it another way, it’s best to be on-the-look-out-slender-and-agile-lion with a sharpish claw), lest others mistake you for something they can take it with one sweep of the arm.

There is no threat coming from somalia any time soon, somalia has no defense apparatus, its under African union supervision, but its in the interest of sl to be ready if there is a threat lets say in a decade or two.