Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

SOL Supreme Court: Somalis Behind Bars Thread (Case 1)

Safferz   

Wadani;982910 wrote:

The Somali community would not know about most of the people on that thread except for their family and a few neigbours if they weren't paraded on here by Nin-Yaaban, so Safferz point about it already being public is moot within this context.

You know that's not true. Somalis talk *a lot* and follow these things closely within their own communities, I don't even live in Toronto anymore yet I haven't seen Nin-Yaaban post anything from TO that I haven't already heard about from someone back home. News gets around easily, and you're really reaching by overstating the importance of SOL.

SP, what's the verdict?

Safferz;982920 wrote:
You know that's not true.
Somalis talk *a lot*
and follow these things closely within their own communities, I don't even live in Toronto anymore yet I haven't seen Nin-Yaaban post anything from TO that I haven't already heard about from someone back home. News gets around easily, and you're really reaching by overstating the importance of SOL.

SP, what's the verdict?

So because Somalis gossip and slander each other it makes it okay. A little counter-intuitive don't you think, we should rectify it not make it worse! My question to you is would you want your parents', siblings', or loved one's photos displayed here if they did something wrong (God forbid).

Safferz   

^^ I didn't say it makes it okay to gossip, I said that to explain why Wadani's point (that NY's thread is how Somalis learn about the arrests of other Somalis in their communities) is incorrect.

Haatu   

NY wouldn't be happy if it was him it happened to so he shouldn't do it to others. Yes people make mistakes and have been prosecuted, but we don't have to parade it around.

Safferz   

Congrats to Nin-Yaaban. What's up next in the SOL court? And is it wong that I think of this less like a respectable supreme court and more like a TV show similar to Judge Judy or Divorce Court?

Safferz;984905 wrote:
Congrats to Nin-Yaaban. What's up next in the SOL court? And is it wong that I think of this less like a respectable supreme court and more like a TV show similar to Judge Judy or Divorce Court?

Yes, it is quite disrespectful. Off the record, the District Attorney is compiling a case on Oba. They think it may have been a murder.

Cadale;984906 wrote:
Thank you, your honor, on behalf of ninyaaban.

Just performing my public service.

WTF? How did i even miss this. Sxb dhageyso, sidii aan markiiba horeba iri, wax danbiya oo aan galay majirto. Saddex qof keliya ayaa ka xanaaqsan, oo xanaaqooda lagaraneen.

War you've been acquitted! save your breath and enjoy your freedom. take a vacation at Alpha's Troll resort, take a stroll down the Mogadishu Pictures Art Galleria, send illicit pms to a pretty chick, visit the ancient ruins of the Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko Island.

SomaliPhilosopher;984918 wrote:
War you've been acquitted! save your breath and enjoy your freedom. take a vacation at Alpha's Troll resort, take a stroll down the Mogadishu Pictures Art Galleria, send illicit pms to a pretty chick, visit the ancient ruins of the Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko Island.

LoL waad iga qoslisiisay sxb. Waad mahad santahay.