Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

The republic of Dhaantonia

If the Somali galbeed region is seriously considering to break away from the Black Christian xabashi Empire , an empire conceived on subjugation and oppression of other African groups. There for the Somalis in that region need to be united under one political construct. Where as they unite their idea's and resources. Right now as noble the cause of the ONLF is they lack the effectiveness to make a real change on the ground, because the lack of resources the lack of political build up, the lack of logistical support. But also the deep divisions with in the Somali region between the various communities, it seems the people are exhausted to put up a fight and i can understand that what is there to fight for some ask themselves. But the political national identity which needs to be bit reshaped, the Somali region under Ethiopian occupation is often also called the O'gaden region. British expedition members first mentioned the region as the O'gaden country. In the sixties 70s we called the Somali region just the western Somali region and when asked about that region, the Somali politician elders historians and intellectuals just shortened with one sentence its the western Somali province snatched from us by the bug eyed Xabashis.

But there is more to it the region is recognized by the west and the international community as a region under Ethiopia. The British occupied region when they drove out the Italians during the second world war, when they reinstated the rule of Haile selasie in Ethiopia. But as expected they handed the region over to Haile selasie including other provinces like the hawd and reserve area. The Somali region became a victim of European colonialists who signed tricky shrewd deals with other African colonizers the Abyssinians .The only way they can be defeated that is if the Somalis in the region develop a renewed national struggle and this time inclusive of all the regions i suggested they should refer the region as the republic of Dhaantonia and the citizens of that country as Dhaantonians. Dhaanto is the most well known folklore dances which has its roots in the Somali region and i am sure all the Somalis preform it in that region.I know many of the hard core ONLF supporters i have a word with them their argument is most of the time if you dont like our Jabhad why not start your own jabhad with your own clan name. But if the other clan also creates the Afro hashimite resistance movement, or the Jesus liberation front of Shinile. You only create more divisions and the independence struggle will just be derailed.What needs to be created is a national struggle for all the Somalis in that region. Because a clan cannot defeat Ethiopia lets not kid our selves Ethiopia receives military aid from the united states billions of dollars every year. Only together independence can be achieved and the intruders the oromo peasants can be send back to their land.

^^ Waligay waxa kumaan hadlin anigu i like Wanlanweyn communities, hadal hayntooda wada sheekeysiga waalidooda warlordnimadooda diin ku dagalaankooda budhcad badeenimadooda,ciidamada afrikaankay isku adeegsanayeen nimankaas wa niman runti shaqo badan, La ima diidin, Bu this topic is not about them mar badan oo kale baanu iyaga ka wada sheekeysan doona hadu alle idmo wax badan banu isku hayna nimankas.

Even if we united with the other clans we would still not be able to topple the Ethiopian government. It's simply impossible. 10% of a country (and I'm being very generous when I say that we're 10%) can not defeat the other 90%.

The only thing that can happen is a revolution along with the other ethnicity against the Tigray like in Syria and Libya and when that happens we hop on that chance take as many weapons as we can and establish our own independent region like Iraqi Kurdistan.

I've always been against this Somaalinimo nonsense - we've got nothing to do with what happens in Xamar, maybe Kismayo and Jubbaland but that's it. We should be having meetings with the Oromo, Amhara and even Tigray opposition groups in the diaspora instead of wasting our time with Somaliland this Xamar that.

Mad mullah if 2.5 Million Eritreans can do it i am sure 7.5 Million Somalis can put up a fight , imagine if the Somalis in that region create a real entity that fights for independence with political and military wing. A real nationalistic movement which is all inclusive i believe they can do allot of damage. Somalia and Somaliland and Djibouti is not important in this they cant help the Somalis in that region maybe diplomatically logistically and to support them as Somalis. But the days they would go to war with ethiopia and to annex the Somali region as part of the Somali republic is long gone. I believe with a home grown nationalistic movement is what can free republic of Dhaantonia. But you need to create a distinct national identity which can help the people. People should not confuse the Somali region as a region under dispute between Somalia and Ethiopia. But as a region that is willing to be free the decolonization of Ethiopia needs to begin, under the self determination principle is what needs to be encouraged. Cooperating with other ethiopians is good oromo amhara TPDM.You can defeat any one aslong as you have a strategy a plan and the will to put up a fight. Revolution is not coming to Ethiopia, there is a tight control over the entire country, i believe it can only be achieved by war.