Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Implications of the IGAD Report on Jubbaland

Abtigiis   

Those of us who are somehow claiming that President Hassan Sheikh and the Federal Government of Somalia made a mistake in seeking the position of IGAD on Kismaayo must stop this disingenuous spin. The President was right in confronting IGAD. He got what he wanted now and to me if we say we will judge him by results, he has delivered on the diplomatic front. IGAD's recognition of the sovereign rights of the FGS is a win for Somalia. The days of public humiliation are behind us, hopefully.

BUT, and I do not intend to lessen the impact of the diplomatic victory, a lot awaits President Hassan at home and the IGAD report will not help him in any way in solving the deficit of trust, clan animosity and domestic political conflict. The same way we acknowledged and appreciated the fruits of his diplomatic manouvers, we will not begrudge him of praise and recognition, when and if he solves the domestic problems. Waa balan.

Few days ago, I said if the President thinks Kenya and Ethiopia are the reasons why he can't solve Kismaayo problem, he should make his position known and stand up for what he believes is right. He has done that without being confrontational. Now that he got his wish, let us see with what care he delivers the domestic prize: peace and harmony. The essence of highlighting weaknesses in the FGS is not to count how many things they got it wrong, it should be to help them to focus on the problems.

Abtigiis   

Apophis, let us be fair to him. Give him time. Now he has solved the IGAD problem, let us see whether he takes the bulldozer approach or he takes a different route. Whichever way he goes, we will judge him by the RESULTS. Isn't that fair?

Mida kale, I see for many of us, getting one over the other cyber rival seems to be a big thing. The people in Somalia need peace and we should be motivated by the search for peace and restoration of the Somali state, not by ego. If Gabbal wins the argument we had the other day and his ways work, it is a good thing. I will not sad, because my ideas did not win.