Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

All seniors so Gala

NGONGE   

^^ Naga daa dee. You probably were in the audience and shouting ya salaam everytime she stuck her hands in her hair. :D

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;941055 wrote:
Walahi Stoic you are a wise man. You hear that Wadani? The battle is not over yet!!

I may also be part of *your* tribe, for all you know :P

Apophis;941087 wrote:
Utterly disgusting. The consumers of such low moral “cultural" servings is what lead to the weakening of the Somali moral fiber which inevitable meant the nation couldn't defend itself from its foes.

agreed.

Safferz;941006 wrote:
I'm not sure it's controversial in the context a play, where she may be playing a character who is supposed to be clearly marked as immoral and immodest when compared to the "virtuous" and "traditional" female characters. Plays make arguments and always carry a social message. I found the
online and will watch later in the week, so I'll have more thoughts then. I've always been interested in how ideas on women and gender circulate in Somali oral literature and popular music, and how those ideas have shifted over time.

I see inaar!

SomaliPhilosopher;941033 wrote:
Oba, I am going to have this song playing in my car to set the mood for my next date
;)

looool :D

Tallaabo   

Safferz;941006 wrote:
I'm not sure it's controversial in the context a play, where she may be playing a character who is supposed to be clearly marked as immoral and immodest when compared to the "virtuous" and "traditional" female characters. Plays make arguments and always carry a social message. I found the
online and will watch later in the week, so I'll have more thoughts then. I've always been interested in how ideas on women and gender circulate in Somali oral literature and popular music, and how those ideas have shifted over time.

Very well said. You are very academic safferz. I like your take on things.

Tallaabo   

Apophis;941087 wrote:
Utterly disgusting. The consumers of such low moral “cultural" servings is what lead to the weakening of the Somali
moral fiber
which inevitable meant the nation couldn't defend itself from its foes.

What is your definition of morals and what do you base your morals on? Please explain it to us because personally I derive my moral standards from the Islamic faith.

Coofle   
"Hablayahaw Hadmaad Guursan Doontaan" is a classic somali play (and my 2nd favorite after Shabeel naagood) and simply depicts the cultural status of that time in-which morals where at the dumpster. on contrary to recent entertainment (Movies either Arabic, Hollywood or Bollywood) Somali plays of 80s are considered "conservative". The commotion in this thread is similar to the screaming and porous face covering of a shy nubile...Adeer Enjoy....

Safferz   

Tallaabo;941155 wrote:
Very well said. You are very academic safferz. I like your take on things.

Thanks Tallaabo :)

SomaliPhilosopher;941331 wrote:
Safferz, are you trying to provide me a glimmer of hope. Enough with the games sxb. I am done!!

Hope is how you chose to interpret that information, but I was quite serious -- Wadani emphasizes the reer abti connection because he knows we don't share anything in the more important patrilineal sense :P

oba hiloowlow;940622 wrote:
Care to explain this :eek:

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Eebbe ha u raxmado Barakoow Buuloow. Jilaa weyn ayuu ahaa.

By the way, check this thread. You will know what old members thought about this exact clip five years ago.

And if you were that shocked, tana kusii darso:

Safferz   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;941340 wrote:
Eebbe ha u raxmado Barakoow Buuloow. Jilaa weyn ayuu ahaa.

By the way, check this
. You will know what old members thought about this exact clip five years ago.

And if you were that shocked, tana kusii darso:

lmao I love it