Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Boston on Lock-Down

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;940193 wrote:
affleck wrote good will hunting. how can i hold sadness for him. the suspect.

That's a difficult question. I think I felt sad for him as well, in some ways... I kept trying to imagine the state of mind of the "hunted" today as I was watching the events unfold, wondering what he must thinking and feeling, probably hiding somewhere injured and terrified and knowing that it is only a matter of time before his life comes to an end in one way or another. I am sad that at 19, he made the choices that he did and I hope we can find out why. But that's where my sadness ends, because at the end of the day he is responsible for so much physical and emotional pain and heartache in this city and he doesn't deserve our sympathy. This photo in particular is still haunting me, where he's caught in the same frame as the 8 year old he murdered:

original.jpg

Blackflash;940194 wrote:
It's not the issue of unfair generalizations I'm failing to understand, my problem lies with the reaction to any criticism I or anyone else gives. Even when discussing the potential case of a Canadian-Somali student playing a role in a Mogadishu attack the other day, a friend of mine immediately deflected the blame on to the Canadian government, and their supposed inability to 'understand' the Somali community.

Why can't one discuss endemic problems, of course taking in to account any perceived obstacles (discrimination, prejudice etc.), rather than wait until said obstacles dissipate?

Fair point.