Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Confederations Cup

N.O.R.F   

Footballaholics Anonymous

Hi, my name Norf and I'm a Footballaholic. Now that the season is over I find myself missing something. Sat nights are no longer a feast of football having realised I watched all but 2 Liverpool games last season.

Fellow holics, what will fill your time this summer?

Confeds Cup is coming up.

A&T, what is your prediction? :D

N.O.R.F   

I take no notice of transfers until the first games of the season. I often find out quite late who has bought who.

I'll have to buy some WC/Euro DVDs

N.O.R.F   

Tried to buy some DVDs to keep me occupied but couldn't find any decent ones.

Confeds cup starts today.

Oz   

norf, change the thread name to Confederations cup/World cup.

Oh dear has anyone witnessed the pharoah's taking on the Samba boyz couple days ago? It's easy to see why Egyptians are champions of Africa. They retain possession of the ball so well and knock it around with real quality. They've totally outplayed Brazil in the 2nd half!

Mohamed Zidan looks promising. Whats with the ref? he pointed at a corner kick then decided its a penalty and a red card,the decision was right but bit late. brilliant game of football.very impressed with Egypt. I think Spain will shit all over Brazil if they play each other :D

This Spanish team can dominate world football for the next 6 years. They have got the potential to be one of the greatest sides we've ever seen.

Australia qualified for World Cup 2010 beating Japan 2-1 at MCG! Yes it was the man himself Tim Cahill, Everton striker scored both goals, Tim is the best player for the Ozzie's at the moment.

I thought the Yanks were unlucky. The red card was a bit harsh, Italy could have and maybe should have been down to 10 men after the penalty, they should have equilised just before Rossi made it 3-1. Overall they will be pleased with the way they played.

Italy are very fortunate that Rossi has chosen to represent them instead of the U.S as their front line looks as weak as it ever has. Rossi looks like he's going to be a real class act. I read somewhere that Utd will be back in for him, rumour or not, he would be brilliant with Rooney

ps: would love to see North Korea there and get drawn with the USA

Oz   

hopefully at the world cup next year those bloody air horns are banned. :D:D

The Pharaoh's defeat the reigning World Cup Champs showing that result againt Brazil was no fluke! Yet another masterful performance for Africa's champions. Perhaps now people can appreciate how competitive African qualifying is, because as it stands Egypt will not make the WC. It'll be a shame if they don't, however Algeria( who is 1st in the group) has another interesting young team that plays an eye pleasing technical style of football

North Korea is through as well, that should make for an interesting draw in the Winter lol! Saudi Arabia was unlucky not to get a goal, however I see them getting through via the playoff spot.

N.O.R.F   

Confeds cup has been great so far. Mainly because of Egypt. I won't bother talking about how impressive they were against Brazil and Italy because they don't look like qualifying for the WC. Typical Egypt.

Originally posted by Torres:

Confeds cup has been great so far. Mainly because of Egypt. I won't bother talking about how impressive they were against Brazil and Italy because they don't look like qualifying for the WC. Typical Egypt.

Algeria beat Zambia today, a 2-0 result in Zambia.The remaining of their matches are all at home, outside of their last match in Cairo. By then they more likely than not will have already qualified to the WC. They fully deserve to be in the driver's seat as they've shown incredibly impressive form as of recent. Keep an eye on Karim Ziani if you ever get a chance to watch Algeria play, he's a quality player who is the heart of Algeria and Marseille's attack.

N.O.R.F   

^I saw them against Egypt. Well organised. Hope they qualify. The only African team north of the sahara I'm willing to tolerate.