Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

HIDDIGO - Somali Comic Book Campaign

Chimera   

Maarodi;936809 wrote:
That's exactly what happens when you are not in charge of your own narrative. Her outfit made me cringe. And you can see the lack of originality. Obax Majid?... Iman Abdulmajid? And that hideous cheetah print? Oh no no.

I'm always concerned about the lack of "hal aabuur" in our society so this project is a welcomed step in the right direction. Don't delete this topic, its generated over a thousand views already, and slowly people are donating on indiegogo.

Well it was the early 90s, so I can't really blame the writers or artists. Somalis seem to be quite comfortable being voiceless in every modern medium from a global perspective. We don't grasp the importance of popular culture and how it can rebrand our image around the world through film. tv, games and comics. I grew up thinking King Arthur and Link from Zelda lived in Britain, that Japan was one big anime fantasy, and that the capital of America was hollywood, etc. These countries successfully shaped their own romantic image through popular culture.

Chimera   

Marksman;937120 wrote:
Would you rather support this project then?

No idea how to embed that video on this site.

Why not back both projects? I'm definitely going to back this initiative! You should create a separate topic.

photo-main.jpg?1349184932

http://kck.st/17pQHNr" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>