Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

After 50 yrs of life, Somali Immigrants Suffering in the Arab Countries (UAE)

N.O.R.F   

The mentality of Somalis is to always blame someone else. If he hails from SL, he could have gone home. He could have been looked after by relatives. But no, let's blame someone else.

NGONGE   

^^ It is wrong though. He did spend fifty years in that country and should be able to stay forever if he wants. The problem is with the system there and their (Xaaji X-like) fear of being overrun with "others". But to argue that they pick on Somalis or indians alone is a myth. When they're good they're VERY good and when they're bad, they pick on EVERYONE.

As the sawaaxil say "your old prayer mat is better than the brand new one owned by the passer-by". Let's build our tattered old rug and there will be no need for someone else's spanking new one.

That said, this is inhuman. A relative just came back from KSA and they would not even give her travel papers after 20 yrs over there. She had to travel on the good old Somali passport...20 effing years? That's just plain wrong.

NGONGE   

^^ The majority of Somalis living in the UAE were from Somaliland, Khaatumo & Maakhir. If this man lived in the place for 50 years I am willing to bet that he belonged to one of these three communities.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;908337 wrote:
^^ It is wrong though. He did spend fifty years in that country and should be able to stay forever if he wants. The problem is with the system there and their (Xaaji X-like) fear of being overrun with "others". But to argue that they pick on Somalis or indians alone is a myth. When they're good they're VERY good and when they're bad, they pick on EVERYONE.

The country is only 41 years old. Where is his citizenship? Like I said he probably refused it thinking he would one day go back to a better and stronger Somalia. Quite a few people did this. Besides, the rules are not new. He could have left for Europe in late 80s early 90s. It is what is but I think he had his opportunities.

NGONGE   

^^ Dee that's what I said in my first post. They used to give it to them for free in the early 70s but most Somalis refused it (though a few did have it and still do). It's strange that, for a single man, he didn't in all that time. I bet he still can get it if he went through the right channels.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;908369 wrote:
^^ War "
AL WAASTA
" is above everything (kuwa hada, kuwii hore ama kuwa soo socda).
:D

Do you think he has been sitting around all this time? Waar waa loo diiday :D

Abwaan   

What clan or region he comes from does not matter and if that really did this article would have been written differently and mention those who came to his aide. This poor Somali man does not need labeling. He needs help and dua, nothing else.

N.O.R.F   

^Help from his own people dee. Waxa aan diidanhay why Somalis always look to blame others. Where is his family? Miyuu diiday inu noqdo? Would it be better for him back home?

NGONGE   

Apophis;908371 wrote:
NGONGE, contradicting yourself as usual I see. One minute you say it's the man's fault the next you're defending him. Jumping jack
:D

Rubbish. If you're able to read you'll see that I did not contradict myself one bit in any of my replies there. Horses for courses, badowyaho. :D