Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Tropical storm to hit Somalia on 25 December

201204A_12230227.png

Tropical storm Four is forecast to strike Somalia at about 00:00 GMT on 25 December. Data supplied by the US Navy and Air Force Joint Typhoon Warning Center suggest that the point of landfall will be near8.2 N,51.0 E. Four is expected to bring 1-minute maximum sustained winds to the region of around 101 km/h (63 mph). Wind gusts in the area may be considerably higher.

The information above is provided for guidance only and should not be used to make life or death decisions or decisions relating to property. Anyone in the region who is concerned for their personal safety or property should contact their official national weather agency or warning centre for advice.

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/tropical-storm-four-is-forecast-to-strike-somalia-at-about-0000-gmt-on-25-december/

Abwaan   

Is Somalia on the map now then it got included in the weather forecasts or this scary storms are due to weather change?

Abwaan;901456 wrote:
Is Somalia on the map now then it got included in the weather forecasts or this scary storms are due to weather change?

I think storms of this magnitude are rare in this part of the world but I remember watching a BBC documentary that stated cyclones could reach as far as the Red Sea as global temperatures increase. I'll try to find it.

Haatu;901462 wrote:
^Please do.

It's called Global Weirding and was done by BBC Horizon. There was a full length posting of it on Youtube, but I can't find it anymore.