Sign in to follow this  
Rumaysah

Name of 29-year-old man discovered dead near wrecked SUV released

Rumaysah   

Osman was discovered dead at approximately 9:50 a.m. Oct. 25 in a wooded area near Penske Truck Rental, 1621 Plymouth Road. According to his death certificate received by AnnArbor.com Wednesday, his death has been ruled an accident and he died from multiple traumatic injuries suffered in the crash.

All the details on the crash that killed Osman are still unknown; the Ann Arbor Police Department’s detective bureau continues to investigate the incident and the Washtenaw County Medical Examiner’s report is still not completed, according to Detective Lt. Bob Pfannes.

Pfannes said Wednesday that report is expected to be completed in mid-December or January. At that time, the investigation will likely be closed and more details should become available.

Munira Osman, sister of Abdiaziz Osman, remembered him as a very social person who always made others smile.

“If you were in a down mood, he was the type of person you couldn’t be serious around,” she said. “He was such a positive person with no negative aura.”

Abdiaziz Osman was discovered by city workers who went to the area in front of Penske Truck Rental to replace a fire hydrant on Oct. 25. The workers went looking for the old fire hydrant and found the Hyundai Santa Fe and Osman’s body in a heavily wooded area.

Munira Osman said her brother was heading back to her home on Green Road, a short distance away from the accident site. The exact date of the accident has not been released.

During the ensuing period, Osman's family and police searched for him. Munira Osman said the family barely slept and looked for him every day. After his body was discovered, Munira Osman was with her family in Minnesota, where she had gone in hopes her brother had returned to the state, and got a call from Ann Arbor police telling her to return to the city.

“We drove back that same night, a 12-hour ride, and we made some stops, my family all came,” she said. “It was just sad. This was the time I was mourning and trying to make myself OK with that.”

She said her family was baffled and saddened by the fact her brother was in the wooded area for a long period of time and no one noticed. She said it wasn’t fair to him.

Reeds in the wooded area were between 6 and 10 feet tall and police had to call in the Ann Arbor Forestry Department to clear away foliage in order for them to remove the Santa Fe.

Abdiaziz Osman was buried the day after his body was discovered, Munira Osman said.

“We all believe we’re going to die and go back to God,” she said. “When they buried my brother, that’s when I felt content, because he was at peace.”