Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

The Hobbit!

SeeKer   

We agreed to disagree. The theologists among us believed that of the two tales that pi told the one that was most fantastic equaled religion while the logical (read cannibal) one equaled reason. The atheist just believed it proved Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest so its no suprise we didn't come to a consensus.

chubacka   

^ that's a common interpretation of life of Pi, though it's hard to say a piece if fiction can prove anything except the views of the author and those who interpret it's meaning. Have you seen the film, looking forward to it.

N.O.R.F   

Doubt it will be anywhere near as good as LOTR (which wasn't as good as the book or the manga). It looks like another easy buck maker.

Haatu   

Just saw it a couple of hours ago. Bitterly disappointing. I can't believe I waited a whole year for that. This could be due to the fact that I've read the book but who knows.

Chimera   

^Its only part I, two more are coming in 2013 and 2014, which will cover the entire book.

Gollum stole the show, no question about it, the entire 15 min he was on the screen cracked me up, you actually start rooting for him.

Haatu   

^Yh I guess the beginning of the book wasn't that interesting anyway. It stopped just when things started to get better.

SeeKer   

chubacka;899334 wrote:
. Have you seen the film, looking forward to it.

Yea I watched it when it came out. Nice cinematography but too long for my liking. If watching it in the theatre, watch it in 3D cause some scenes are reminiscent of Avatar but otherwise too long for my liking.